Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devers/felicien showdown

Could someone please give me the results of the 100 M womens hurdles? thanks

Re: devers/felicien showdown

Uhh, yeah, so much for the showdown..Melissa Morrison won.

Comment

That's what i like to hear.

Comment

Uh, you mean Gail/Perdita showdown don't you? :-)

Comment

Go offline for an hour and a joke gets stolen:-).

Comment

You go offline?

Comment

>You go offline?

When travelling but not for long. Our servers don't work very well with crackberries(it's an IMAP thing) but this summer's project is to upgrade them and make sure they are compatible. Then I get one.

Comment

Ha! While I was just out now for my Sunday run (note to malmo: I don't need no stinkin' GPS/HRM/nanosecond chronometer - when Mickey's big hand went from the 1 to the 7 I'd had enough - 3.5 miles, MAYBE) I was thinking about how to rebut gh some more on the name thing, and then realized, THEY PROBABLY LIKE IT when someone calls them by their first name. I know that the one time I met Stacy, and I called her Ms. Dragila, she said, 'call me Stacy' very matter-of-factly, and I'm sure everyone does. So there!

Eww, someone smells bad in here, time for a shower.

Comment

>Ha! While I was just out now for my Sunday run

...oh yeah, when running too. Won't carry the crackberry around when doing that.

Comment

The IAAF report on the race claims that Devers and Felicien were in adjacent lanes and bumped each other. Having not seen the race I am wondering if anyone who did can comment on how this affected Felicien, whose performance was clearly out of character.

Comment

Well,Melissa Morrison Won with a time of (12.44) Wind Aided, Gail Devers in 2nd timed in at (12.52) and Miesha McKelvy 3rd (12.62), Perdita 4th... Gail cleared the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th hurdle and hit perdita's elbow at the 4th hurdle and the 5 hurdle she clipped it with her trail leg and then bumped Perdita's right hand, then Gail clipped hurdles 6 and 7... she cleared 8 and 9 but at the 9th hurdle she hit perdita'a hand again then clipped The last hurdle...

Comment

Thanks, interesting that Devers could be contacting Felicien's hand at hurdle 9 and then finish 2 meters ahead of her. My guess is Felicien will be looking very forward to payback next time they race.

Comment

A tailwind as strong as the one in this race (+2.6) will hinder rather than help someone as fast as Devers. The wind pushes her so close to the hurdles that it takes constant adjustments to get over the hurdles without clipping them with her lead-leg, as she did in Barcelona. I'm actually very impressed with her time.

Comment

Here is FELICIEN'S take on the matter. It was in the Star but it isn't archived:

"I just couldn't get moving and got caught in traffic. Gail kind of veered close to my lane and we made contact. It was one of those races you can't dwell on or it would make you lose your confidence. It was a nightmare. I'm glad it's over."

Comment

Finally watched the tape. Felicien was doing some weaving too.

Comment

Working...
                              X