Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greene: New Terrel Owens of Track???

Another inappropriate utterance / incident by Maurice Greene. Has track & field been reduced to the sideshow level? Greene's stunt with the fire extinguisher on his "blazing shoes" after winning the 100 meters @ the Carson Home Depot was the last straw.

Hmmmm .... We know all about "sore losers" .... now we have "poor winners". Enough already.

Re: Greene: New Terrel Owens of Track???

Ahh, come on... as a one shot stunt, it was fun, wasn't it?

Comment

Have a Fresca.

Comment

Lets face it, most sprinters are 1. flaky 2. self promoters 3. cocky 4. blah, blah , blah. NOT sprintin,surfin Satch, of course!

Comment

good for mo.anything is better than the drug cheats hogging the sports pages.
          i can think of a few people he should have turned the ext.on at carson city !!

Comment

Funny that you mention "Carson City".
            When I got ready to watch the meet on the satellite TV yesterday, I smiled when the electronic TV Guide said "track and field from Carson City".

Carson City is not only a different town, it's in a completely different state!
            Carson City is where Hoss and the Cartwright boys would go whenever they ran out of liquid refreshment in Virginia City.

The track stadium in question is actually in Carson, California, which is in the Los Angeles metro area.

Comment

Yes Randy, you're right on about the city of Carson (not Carson City), and isn't this the home town of Ralph Mann? Seems like I read somewhere that he graduated form Carson, CA. H.S.

I was a student at BYU when Mann broke the WR in the 440IH, June 20, 1970 @ 48.8.

Comment

>good for mo.anything is better than the drug cheats hogging the sports
                >pages.
                Heck yeh! I timed the NBC telecast. It took 21 seconds from Tom Hammonds first utterance to the first mention of BALCO. 21 seconds! I think what Mo did was pretty funny and as much an expression of his relief to be "walking after a race instead of limping" as anything else. (I know, I know it had to be premeditated, I don't think Larry Wade carries a fire extinguisher around, but one would assume he would have waved off if he had run 10.20 and come up lame) It was just like Alan Webb and his 400H victory lap in terms of an athlete being relieved to be back near the top of the game. In both cases I found myself celebrating with them and not just for them, and I thought that was pretty cool.

Comment

Look, he didn't bite anyone's ear off. How many times have football players spiked balls, breakdanced, or other insane things after touchdowns. I say that's just Mo's personality, but by no means is he any different than other sports personality. I thought it was cool. Why should he just walk back to the locker room in a stoic manner? The man loves what he does.
                  If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

>Another inappropriate utterance / incident by Maurice Greene. Has track &
                    >field been reduced to the sideshow level? Greene's stunt with the fire
                    >extinguisher on his "blazing shoes" after winning the 100 meters @ the Carson
                    >Home Depot was the last straw.

Hmmmm .... We know all about "sore losers"
                    >.... now we have "poor winners". Enough already.<<

Were you sucking your teeth and wagging your finger while type this?

Comment

>Another inappropriate utterance / incident by Maurice Greene.

Ha-Ha! It was great! Just about everybody agrees that it was a good thing (look at the good thread about it--"Blazing Shoes".

Comment

It was excellent, wanna see it at dragonblades.no-ip.com/videos.html

Comment

Who is more flashy? Greene or Serena Williams? Recent Nike announcement:

Serena Returns To French Open Wearing Custom-Designed Nike Apparel Featuring White Leather Laser Jacket And Dress

http://www.nike.com/nikebiz/news/pressr ... 5&letter=h

Comment

Yeh, but nobody's sprayed a fire extinguisher on her racket yet...

Comment

No, but somebody needs to take an ice pick to Agassi's.

Comment

Working...
                              X