Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She's baaaacccckkkk!! (For better or for worse!)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's baaaacccckkkk!! (For better or for worse!)

"She" (of the title) is Australia's junior high hurdler, Michelle Jenneke.

There's an article on today's front page about that "dance" she did at the WJC last summer.

But even better, there's a fairly lengthy (10 minutes??) video of an interview with her ABOUT that "dance"....and everything else Michelle Jenneke!! (Including quite a bit about her ATHLETIC career!!)

Guess what??

She's not only a serious athlete, she's a pretty intelligent woman (she's studying "mechatronics"!!!), as well as vivacious, charming, sexy, and whatever ELSE you might want to describe her as being!

An interview well worth your time!

(Can't wait to find out what she'll be doing this Australian "summer" track season!!)

Re: She's baaaacccckkkk!! (For better or for worse!)

Originally posted by aaronk
    She's . . . sexy.
    So I'm still the prude (out-of-touch, misguided, etc.) here, but as long as she's still a teenager, I don't feel that's an appropriate adjective, especially for someone in an athletic context. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      She's . . . sexy.
      So I'm still the prude (out-of-touch, misguided, etc.) here, but as long as she's still a teenager, I don't feel that's an appropriate adjective, especially for someone in an athletic context. Your mileage may vary.
      Check out the headline to the front page article!

And being 19 is a world away from being 17.

I'm not saying it's right to call her "sexy".....but to say she is at age 19 does not at all share the weight of calling her that at age 17.

Not to argue the same points over and over again....but that video (of her pre-race routine at the WJ's) went VIRAL for a reason!!!

And it was NOT because she ran 13.45 in the 100H.....or had a PR of 13.32 (??).

Comment

I learned at least one thing from the interview (the video with the front page article).

How to pronounce her name!!

I'd thought it was pronounced as "Jenn EEK"....as in "meek" or "weak".

She pronounces it as "Jenn-eck-uh"

I stand corrected!

Comment

I'm not saying it's right to call her "sexy".....but . . . that video (of her pre-race routine at the WJ's) went VIRAL for a reason!!!
          I love the video and her joie de vivre! I find nothing in it to suggest sex. I remind you that the actual meaning of the word is "Arousing or tending to arouse sexual desire." It is definitely not a synonym for 'pretty', 'attractive' or even 'appealing.

Again, I'm probably the only one who feels this way here, so there ya go . . .

Comment

let's put it this way, if you wouldn't use a similar word to describe a male athlete, then you shouldn't use it for the women either.

Comment

She's not only a serious athlete, she's a pretty intelligent woman (she's studying "mechatronics"!!!),
              I had never heard of mechatronics, so I Googled it. OMG!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                let's put it this way, if you wouldn't use a similar word to describe a male athlete, then you shouldn't use it for the women either.
                I agree, gh!
                But this ain't a PC world we live in!!

Soooo....go into any HS girl's locker room (NO, I'm NOT suggesting.......Just using it as a hypothetical!!) when adults aren't around.....and listen to the girls talking about that....

HUNK Quarterback...
                the BUNS on that tight end (pun INTENDED!! )...
                those TIGHT muscles....
                those BEDROOM eyes....

and tell me we guys shouldn't say a girl is "sexy".

Comment

I think he's saying you shouldn't say that on this board.

Outside this board, say what you want.

Comment

FWIW, the text on the screen between the video of the warm-up routine and the interview describes the video as "sexy".

Comment

Thank you for making my point.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                        I had never heard of mechatronics, so I Googled it. OMG!
                        The easiest way to describe it is to look a modern (2012) luxury car's integrated dash and control console.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s
                          I think he's saying you shouldn't say that on this board.

Outside this board, say what you want.
                          Yes, I'm telling him that if he does it again he's history.

Comment

Jeez, could they have killed the stupid electronica music that is drowning out the actual interview? I know it is supposed to be a light interview, but usually the whole idea of talking to someone is to actually be able to hear what they say. So let me know if she said anything interesting in the last half of the interview, because I shut it off at about that point.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
                              let me know if she said anything interesting in the last half of the interview, because I shut it off at about that point.
                              She said she falls a lot in practice and likes it because it shows her that she's trying to get better. I will be showing that to my hurdlers!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X