Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo, McMullen, Webb... Jennings

Well... many months ago I made a few predictions. Some I was laughed at quite a bit for.

Mo Greene will won Olympic Gold and set a new WR. Doesn't look so impossible anymore.

our 1500 team will be made up of the following (coming in in no particular order):

McMullen
    Jennings
    Webb

Robison and Lunn will come in next.

McMullen is running great right now... definitely the best American save Webb right now. Webb is obviously running great. And Jennings, well, I've said this one for well over a year... watch out. From what I hear, his training is going ridiculously well and he's sp talented, as long as he's in reasonable shape, he will make the team. Gabe's #1 hinderance is not his hiatus, but over training.

M

Re: Mo, McMullen, Webb... Jennings

I am still getting over the shock of Webb's amazing run. It came out of no-where. I was expecting another 3:40 type performance and instead saw the second fastest time in the world run.

It was like watching Scott and Spivey running in their prime.

His talents are far ahead of other American milers.

Is Webb a Steve Scott-type talent. We have waited a quarter century for such a runner.

I guess anything can happen. Maybe Gabe will even comeback.

Comment

Hey 15:

Alan Webb didn:t come out of nowhere this season. He had some tactical racing under his belt, and may have worked on some developmental issues during those races. His 5KM PR at Penn (along with his 3K indoor PR) demonstrated he was stronger -- much stronger -- than he was at the same point(s) in 2001. His 8.45 2-mile in high school preceeded his 3.53. His 13.46 is an even-paced 8.52,26 with a full 1,600m remaining at the exact same pace. Alan Webb demonstrated he was able to run a theoretical 4.26 and then close out his race by running 8 more laps in 8.52,26. He didn:t do that in high school, and he had never done that prior to this season. Once his 800m comes down to 1.46-1.47, his sandwiched PB:s (800m/5000m) will be in approximately the same zone as Gabe Jennings.

Comment

the 1500 is going to be fun//but i agree.mcmullen if you look ran 5k,s,the usatf 4k,alot of 800/1500 combos like webb in april/very early may.
        paul is well on his way to 3:32+.

friends of kip kieno in us have said jennings has run 2:47 for 1320yds. this spring in kenya.maybee our young guns are ready for international challenges.....its about time!!

Comment

>>friends of kip kieno in us have said jennings has
          >run 2:47 for 1320yds. this spring in kenya.>>

Not a chance on the planet (and I'm a Gabe fan), if for no other reason than I find it highly unlikely he found a 440 yard track to run on.

Comment

>friends of kip kieno in us have said jennings has run 2:47 for 1320yds. this spring in kenya.maybee our young guns are ready for
            >international challenges.....its about time!!

Interesting. I had a conversation with a Kenyan aquaintance last Saturday outside a restaurant in Göteborg. He had just arrived from a long winter/spring session of training and didn:t know there was an American training in Kenya...not too difficult, especially if Gabe Jennings was keeping a low profile. Did Gabe Jennings, however, run this 2.47y solo? He is not on the Kenyan results lists as a pace-maker, DNF:r or as a competitor.

Comment

just to clear up what i shared/i was only told&it was on a grass/dirt straight away.maybee the guy told all of us wrong time info.
              but epelle//even though its the past,&like alot of others i was at track side in spring 1986 when at ucle earl jones ran 2:47.8 for a 1200 time trial/-then ran after a 10 minute jogg a 46.4-400.
              john smith/danny everett/others were like you have to be kidding me.and earl wasnt even all out.
              now maybee we have jennings&others that are training like 80,s runners....i hope for there sake they,are!

Comment

>I am still getting over the shock of Webb's amazing run. It came out of
                >no-where.

The believers in the importance that cross country running can be to a middle distance runner(and I realize that has been debated ad nauseum) should not have been surprised at all given what he did during that season.

Comment

...and don't you mean Greene, McMullen, Webb... Jennings

Comment

Epelle... the "out of no where" term is appropriate in that Webb had not done anything close to this in 2004...in fact nothing close since his 3:53.4 at Pre.

Comment

>Epelle... the "out of no where" term is appropriate in that Webb had not done
                      >anything close to this in 2004...in fact nothing close since his 3:53.4 at Pre.

Webb made the USA long course XC world championship team in 2003-2004. Never in the history of his career had he done that. Webb ran indoors in both the mile and 3,000m in 2004, and ran faster than he had ever run in the history of his career. Webb won the Penn Relays 5,000m in 2004 -- again, running faster than he ever had in his career.

What part is so challenging to understand that he didn:t "come out of nowhere"?

Comment

Working...
                      X