• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stringfellow Out For Year

(from USATF Release)

Surgery scheduled for Stringfellow

Reigning world indoor men’s long jump champion Savante Stringfellow is
    scheduled to undergo surgery Tuesday to repair a tear in his right Achilles'
    tendon. Stringfellow suffered the injury Saturday at the Home Depot
    Invitational in Carson, Calif.

Dr. James Andrews, Chairman and Medical Director of the American Sports
    Medicine Institute (ASMI) at the HEALTHSOUTH Medical Center in Birmingham,
    Ala., will perform the surgery.

Stringfellow's recovery is anticipated to take six months.

Re: Stringfellow Out For Year

Amazing. Too bad you could not see it on the telecast.

He jumped to satrt his run, came down on his leg wrong and there went his Olympic dream.

Very unfortunate.

Comment

Freakish injury. Sad to see him go out like this. He's alway struck me as one of the good guys.

Comment

>Freakish injury. Sad to see him go out like this. He's alway struck me as one
        >of the good guys.

Yeh, Savante is a very cool guy and it's a terrible shame this has happened. He was definitely one of the favourites for the OG title, but luckily he's young enough to still be around for the next Olympics (with a couple WCh inbetween).

Comment

What a damn shame. I was watching from the other side of the track, he did a little hop into his first stride and then stumbled when his foot hit the ground. I thought he'd caught his spikes on the runway and just sprained his ankle. I think it was his non take-off foot which is the only positive in this.

Comment

damn

Comment

If Savante reads this I hope it cheers him to know how many of us ex tracksters and fans feel horrible about his injury. Many of us have suffered season ending injuries and faced Everestian challenges to get back. He can do it, and the victories to come will be that much sweeter. Good luck Savante.

Comment

Jeez.
                First Pate (last year) and now String.
                Dwight Phillips better double his warmup time or the US may be looking back at the dark days of 2000.

Comment

i am reading this and I say thanks for all the support. I am on my way to surgery. I WILL be back so dont get to comfortable while I am gone. This is a minor setback that I had no control over. If all goes well i will like to be a comentator at the trials but I am working on that.

Comment

Sounds like a man with a plan.

Comment

Savante, your form has been great this year - better than ever. We're looking forward to superb performances after your recovery.

Comment

We need the Superman shirt out there as soon as possible!

Comment

>Amazing. Too bad you could not see it on the >telecast.

We could see some of it on the telecast. I saw him jump to get ready for his approach and then come up lame and walk off the runway. I was hopiing that it was just a stinger and he'd be ok. I'm sure he will be, just a little later then expected. Good luck String, get well soon.

Comment

Good luck with the recovery. We are all rooting for you.
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Couldn't believe it when I saw the story on the IAAF homepage.

Savante: I don't know you but I'm so very sorry for what happened. You and the rest of the cats were really ready to bounce this year, and I for one was ready to see you guys go 8.50+. I wish you a speedy recovery. I know we're going to see a lot more of you.

Take care.

Comment

Working...
                              X