Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The U. S. Olympic Trials T & F 1908-1992

The United States Olympic Trials for Track and Field 1908-1992 by Richard Hymans is up for auction on EBay, if anybody is interested. I am not the seller and have no proprietary interest in the auction.

Re: The U. S. Olympic Trials T & F 1908-1992

New version--to be published by USATF--will hit the streets in the next little while.

Comment

Specifically, which "streets" will it hit? Will it be available through T&FN?

Comment

At this point all I know is that USATF is planning on publishing an updated version. They're not likely to expect to sell enough to jump through the hoops of having to cut somebody else in on the profit and figure out distribution loops.

Comment

Thanks. It would be nice if they at least made it available to us, the great unwashed, which they did not do with the first edition. Can you or someone put in a word to this effect?

Comment

As I understand the situation (and I could be wrong), with stat books/histories traditionally being huge money-losers, USATF printed up only enough copies so that the accredited media could be supplied in Atlanta and not pay for a print run that found them with leftover copies that not only cost money to print but also to ship and inventory.

Comment

Isn't this technically a "Historical" question? Shouldn't it be moved to the proper subforum?

Comment

>>As I understand the situation (and I could be wrong), with stat books/histories traditionally being huge money-losers, USATF printed up only enough copies so that the accredited media could be supplied in Atlanta and not pay for a print run that found them with leftover copies that not only cost money to print but also to ship and inventory.<<

But things have changed. Now USATF has a website where they sell publications. Presumably they have the capacity to inventory and ship these books. They could price them to make a profit, or at least not to take a loss. And they have access to Internet forums such as this that they could use to publicize the availability of the book. Very different environment.

Comment

Working...
                X