Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do T&F athletes have to wear their countries official kit?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do T&F athletes have to wear their countries official kit?

Gymnastics and swimming don't appear to have to wear their countries colours/official kit at the Olympics or World championships and Gymnasts frequently don't. Is there a rule saying Track and Field Athletes have to wear theirs?

Re: Do T&F athletes have to wear their countries official ki

Originally posted by eldanielfire
    Gymnastics and swimming don't appear to have to wear their countries colours/official kit at the Olympics or World championships and Gymnasts frequently don't. Is there a rule saying Track and Field Athletes have to wear theirs?
    I don't know this, but I bet that gymnasts and swimmers have a wider choice of 'official team uniforms'. And this, of course, has EVERYthing to do with sponsors.

Comment

You may recall there was concern in London last year when Ukhov's jersey disappeared in the middle of the competition. Had he not found a secondary shirt that qualified as an official bit of team gear, he would have been in trouble.

And where DID that jersey go?!

Comment

Yes, the IAAF has a bunch of rules for various types of meets, and the Championship meets like Worlds and the Olympics have the strictest rules about what can be worn.

Comment

The gymnasts are wearing the official team uniform set according to my well-informed source (USGA member who I know very well) that I asked for confirmation.

Comment

Working...
          X