Clear All

Re: NCAA Women's Scores

Arkansas has to win the 4x4 to come second

Comment

oregon splits: 53.64, 52.54, 52.64, 51.42

Comment

Laura Roesler, with her 800 PR, and her leg here, has to be given a lot of credit for Oregon's victory!!
        2013 could finally be HER year!!

Comment

Is that Oregon's only title of the competition?

Comment

Originally posted by JumboElliott
            Yup...
            But besides Francis in the 400m, they over performed in every event based of the rankings coming in

Comment

Originally posted by JumboElliott
              Yes. (Not knowing the history of these meets -- Is it unusual for an NCAA championship team to have a win in only one event?)

And, to aaronk's point above re Roesler, yes...and...one would also give equal credit to English Gardner, who finished 2nd in the 60m and ran a leg on the 4x4...and...much credit to Hasay, who earned 13 points for Oregon. All of which is to say -- team effort.

Comment

Worth mentioning that Academy Of Women won the Division II title in their inaugural season.

Comment

1 Oregon UOR 56
                  2 Kansas UKS 44
                  3 LSU LSU 43
                  4 Arkansas UAR 42.5
                  5 UCF CFL 30
                  6 Clemson CLEM 28
                  7 Arizona UAZ 25
                  7 Arizona State AZST 25
                  9 Iowa State IAST 23
                  10 Georgia UGA 22

Comment

Re: ¶NCAA Women's Scores: #4 For Oregon

Look for UCF to have a decent 4x100 outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                      Decent?

They were ranked 4th in the nation last year, but unfortunately dropped the baton at East prelim round so did not move on to nationals. They only lost one senior from that team, and Scott and Freeman have shown that they have already progressed drastically since last year.

Look for UCF to challenge the 4x100 title outdoors.

Comment

Wow, no kidding!

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                          Decent?

They were ranked 4th in the nation last year, but unfortunately dropped the baton at East prelim round so did not move on to nationals. They only lost one senior from that team, and Scott and Freeman have shown that they have already progressed drastically since last year.

But their 2012 SB was only 43.35. Based on their footspeed, they should have run much faster than that. Footspeed is only half of the equation, the other half is stick passing. I'm going to go out on the limb and predict that not only will they not win the 4x100 in 2013, but they won't run sub-43. I hope they read this and are inspired to go out and prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                            Originally posted by ATK
                            Decent?

But their 2012 SB was only 43.35. Based on their footspeed, they should have run much faster than that. Footspeed is only half of the equation, the other half is stick passing. I'm going to go out on the limb and predict that not only will they not win the 4x100 in 2013, but they won't run sub-43. I hope they read this and are inspired to go out and prove me wrong.
                            Like you said foot speed is half the equation. With their SB from last years 43.35 team, I think it would equate to about a 42.4....putting them #2 all time...If any, how many teams have run their foot speed, or who has been the closest to it?

At the time of their relay SB, they were tied for #1 in the country. They ended up # 5 after 3 teams set SB at NCAA's and Texas ran faster at Big 12's. Obviously we cant go back, but I would have bet them at least 3rd if they were in the NCAA final.
                            Scott and Freeman have already improved on their 200m outdoor times indoors, as well as their 60m.
                            Also note that LSU has lost 2 members from their "winning" relay team. I cant imagine UCF not challenging for a win if they make the final along with the other top 5 or 6 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK
                              Like you said foot speed is half the equation. With their SB from last years 43.35 team, I think it would equate to about a 42.4....putting them #2 all time...If any, how many teams have run their foot speed, or who has been the closest to it?
                              If you look at the all-time top-10 performance list, CFU certainly has more footspeed than some of those teams, who not surprisingly al ran for either LSU or Texas A&M. But keep in mind that at times, South Carolina, Texas and USC have all put a lot of footspeed on the track but yet were unable to crack the top 10, and that the 1996 LSU team which had the most footspeed in school history, is not in the top 10.

Originally posted by ATK
                              At the time of their relay SB, they were tied for #1 in the country.
                              I think you're mistaken. CFU ran 43.35 on 4/21/12 but both LSU (42.99) and Texas A&M (43.21) had already run faster on 3/31/12.

Comment

Working...
                              X