Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gh - how to fight the on line onslaught on this site?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pego
    replied
    Re: gh - how to fight the on line onslaught on this site?

Originally posted by Pego
    I use Chrome. I am at my desktop right now and the board is exactly in the middle, the runner on the right. Screen size 21 in
    On my laptop, also Chrome, screen size 17 in, the board is off-center, quite a way to right.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

Originally posted by 26mi235
    Latest Firefox; centered but if I make the size larger it gets asymmetric; narrow on the right. Maybe the people might try doing Control -, to zoom out. [or View/Zoom....]. I do have a large screen [it would list as a 23" but is 19" wide, 1680 x 1050 for the Display, Default Size (Small)]
    Sorry but that doesn't work at all. Yes, it is centered at a screen font that is so small I can barely see it. Zoom in and it all shifts right. This only started a few hours ago. Is it this ad doing it?

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

Originally posted by gh
    d'oh! now i see why I'm not having problems. I've got my monster 27-inch screen flowing in all its glory, so I have all the width on the planet.
    I also have a 27 inch screen and it is crazy. Every time you click on something it shifts it all right. I find it so annoying that the only ones left here will be the bots.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied

Originally posted by gh
    well that's certainly not answer I wanted to hear; if it's not platform-specific, what is it? (mine remains just fine)

OS 10.7.5
    Safari 6.0.2?
    I have OS 10.6.8
    Safari 5.1.7

So that could explain the difference between us.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied

Latest Firefox; centered but if I make the size larger it gets asymmetric; narrow on the right. Maybe the people might try doing Control -, to zoom out. [or View/Zoom....]. I do have a large screen [it would list as a 23" but is 19" wide, 1680 x 1050 for the Display, Default Size (Small)]

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

d'oh! now i see why I'm not having problems. I've got my monster 27-inch screen flowing in all its glory, so I have all the width on the planet.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

Originally posted by lonewolf
    Using IE, 4" street scene on left, 1" runner on right, have to scroll down and center every click.
    Enlarging to 125% helped but did not eliminate annoying problem.
    The same and on Firefox.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied

Using IE, 4" street scene on left, 1" runner on right, have to scroll down and center every click.
    Enlarging to 125% helped but did not eliminate annoying problem.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

well that's certainly not answer I wanted to hear; if it's not platform-specific, what is it? (mine remains just fine)

OS 10.7.5
    Safari 6.0.2?

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied

Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by Conor Dary
    Originally posted by Marlow
    speaking of these boards, why does my left margin ad (a city street) take up 1/3 of the monitor now?! :shock:
    Yes, it is annoying. Far more than those silly bots. You have to keep centering it each time you change a page.
    are you saying that the Ad doesn't appear on both sides of the forum? If so, it's obviously platform dependent. No problem on my Mac in either Firefox or Safari.

It we're talking IE on a PC, which I think is still the largest single group, then we def. have a problem.

Specifics plz.
    gh I am on a Mac with Safari and the ad is taking up 1/3 of the left of my screen, making the board off-center. It does appear on the right as well, but smaller, and I have to scroll to see it. This is new since this morning and pretty annoying.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

I use Chrome. I am at my desktop right now and the board is exactly in the middle, the runner on the right.

Leave a comment:

• batonless relay
    replied

I'm using Chrome...and it has about 3" of street on the left side with 1" on the right. And...internet explorer has an identical look (3" on left, 1" on right)

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied

GH.....I use IE....and I have about one inch on the right side....street images.....and about 4 or 5 inches on the left...of street images.

I have no problem seeing all of the T&FN page!!

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Originally posted by Conor Dary
    Originally posted by Marlow
    speaking of these boards, why does my left margin ad (a city street) take up 1/3 of the monitor now?! :shock:
    Yes, it is annoying. Far more than those silly bots. You have to keep centering it each time you change a page.
    are you saying that the Ad doesn't appear on both sides of the forum? If so, it's obviously platform dependent. No problem on my Mac in either Firefox or Safari.

It we're talking IE on a PC, which I think is still the largest single group, then we def. have a problem.

Specifics plz.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied

It's the Invasion of the BOTS Snatchers!!

Do NOT go to sleep!! :shock:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X