X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlow
    replied
    Re: eTracknewsletter Query

If, for some reason, T&FN decided to abandon their archives, could they not be made available (for some fee) to another good home?

Leave a comment:

• tgs3
    replied

Originally posted by gh
    it can't serve up PDFs that are no longer there to be uploaded.
    www.archive.org definitely saves PDFs. However, one must log into TaFN to get to the newsletters, so they are likely not archived at all.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

it can't serve up PDFs that are no longer there to be uploaded.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by gh
    There's a greater chance that some of the existing online inventory of PDFs will disappear than older ones becoming available.
    The Internet Archive knows all, see all!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

There's a greater chance that some of the existing online inventory of PDFs will disappear than older ones becoming available.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by Mighty Favog
    scanning roughly 15,000-20,000 pages over 50 years of circulation and then combing through to delete photos really isn't feasible.
    Bid it out to some enterprising youth to do the heavy lifting and get a cut of the huge revenues it will most certainly reap . . . :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• Mighty Favog
    replied

Originally posted by sprintdoc
    Would love to have on-line access to old TFN Newsletters prior to the current set up. Any way GH could get an intern to scan the old copies and load?
    As gh has mentioned in the past, I think photo rights are the problem with back issues reproduced in a new format. I said that TN would have fewer photos and more info than TFN, so that would be the best choice. But if the staff is struggling to get everything out in a timely fashion, scanning roughly 15,000-20,000 pages over 50 years of circulation and then combing through to delete photos really isn't feasible.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

sleep is overrated

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Original question remains unanswered. How are they made in such a timely fashion?

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied

Originally posted by sprintdoc
    On a little critical note could we get the team scores included in the NCAA issues of the past 24 hours? Really nice to have those included and usually has been in the past.
    I believe you will find both sets in the issue with the women's results (the second one sent)

Leave a comment:

• sprintdoc
    replied

Would love to have on-line access to old TFN Newsletters prior to the current set up. Any way GH could get an intern to scan the old copies and load?

On a little critical note could we get the team scores included in the NCAA issues of the past 24 hours? Really nice to have those included and usually has been in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Dutra5
    replied

Originally posted by aaronk
    The lists provided on this site are GREAT.....but I still miss the PRINT version of TN.....which ended around 2002.

I'd be willing to pay $100....or even $150 per year for the old print TN.
    It was 40 or 42 issues....weekly during the season.....and the total page count was well over 200 per year.....sometimes close to 300.

T&FN could print the copies BY ORDER.......so there would be no wasted copies!
    In other words.......you pay, we print!!

I suspect that even in this cyber world we inhabit....there would be several people who would pay what's required for the PRINT TN!!
    Mine still comes in print.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by mcgato
    And yes, I did download them a couple of times.
    **OPERATOR ERROR**
    Error Code: 1-D10-T (get it? :wink: ) Just playin' . . .

Leave a comment:

• mcgato
    replied

Issue 14 has a similar problem. The aforementioned problem on issue 13 also showed up on my work computer. Issue 15 seems fine. Weirdness going on. Maybe a font issue, I don't know.

Edit to add: There are all sorts of letters that should be capitalized that are not, and occasional letters that shouldn't be capitalized that are. Only for issues 13 and 14. And yes, I did download them a couple of times.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Originally posted by gm
    My PDF looks fine, but there are any number of issues you could be having on your end with the file.
    Mine doesn't have it either. Sometimes I have to download it a second time, because there's gibberish occasionally. It fixes itself on the second try. The events are in ALL CAPS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X