Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USATF Report Refers to Event Called "hop, skip and jump "

Yes, in its report on the Indoor Youth Championships the USATF reported on the "hop, skip and jump," an event which has never existed, even in the time of Adhemar Ferreira da Silva. To their credit, they do not make mention of throwing the shot put.

Re: USATF Report Refers to Event Called "hop, skip and jump

Originally posted by unclezadok
    Yes, in its report on the Indoor Youth Championships the USATF reported on the "hop, skip and jump," an event which has never existed, even in the time of Adhemar Ferreira da Silva. To their credit, they do not make mention of throwing the shot put.
    Thank you for depressing me. I witnessed da Silva-Shcherbakov rivalry :wink: .
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

It is much more descriptive than 'triple jump' and I think kids know what to do more than when told to triple jump.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
        It is much more descriptive than 'triple jump' and

I think kids know what to do more than when told to triple jump.
        ??!! There is no 'skip' in it all all. It's clearly a bound (he said straight-facedly serious). I have NEVER had a kid who could do it without a comprehensive intro first. Telling them to hop, skip, and jump is risible. Just sayin' . . .

Comment

I did the Triple Jump when it was the Hop-Step-Jump.. a Hop-Skip-Jump would make it, at a minimum, a Quadruple Jump..I think.

Comment

Please tell me this is an early April Fool's wind-up...

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
              I refer you to the Tre Houston thread!! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                Originally posted by unclezadok
                Thank you for depressing me. I witnessed da Silva-Shcherbakov rivalry :wink: .
                I came in at Joszef Schmidt.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                  Your regard of humanity is far too high!! :twisted:

Comment

when I took up the event in junior high it was most definitely referred to as hop, skip & jump in my neck of the woods (which was, in fact.... pretty much in the woods!)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      when I took up the event in junior high it was most definitely referred to as hop, skip & jump in my neck of the woods (which was, in fact.... pretty much in the woods!)
                      Yes, I actually remember first hearing it called that when I started track (early 80s, also in the woods!). Perhaps it's a Canadian term.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        Ditto.

Comment

it's certain a phrase in common parlance: google search turns up 2.47M hits

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                            Originally posted by gh
                            Yes, I actually remember first hearing it called that when I started track (early 80s, also in the woods!). Perhaps it's a Canadian term.
                            If it's Canadian it migrated as far South as Jamaica. It was hop, skip & jump when I was introduced to track in the late 1970's.
                            Regards,
                            toyracer

Comment

I have heard it called Hop-Skip-Jump but never seriously by an informed person.
                              I can't even visualize how you could include a "skip" phase. :?

Comment

Working...
                              X