Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Tickets Still Available

While this may sound like a commercial for the Sacramento Sports Commission, it's not. It's me as a fan reminding y'all that in many ways the OT is better than the OG itself, and if you've been sitting on the fence wondering whether or not to go, you should pull the trigger before it's too late.

I talked to the ticket people yesterday and while sales are running (slightly) ahead of the '00 sellouts, there are still packages in all categories available for all the days.

And, perhaps more importantly, single-day seats went on sale a couple of weeks back, so the primo days will probably sell out quickly. Apparently they are holding back "a few" ducats for walk-up purposes on game day, but that's a risky road.

At any rate, here's the URL if you wanna peek and see what's up. Be there or be square!

http://www.tickets.com/browse.cgi?pgid=2011428

Re: OT Tickets Still Available

They also have a deal on parking, $40 for the 8 days (vs $7 per day drive up). They also have 4 day packages @ $20 for either half. They aren't taking phone orders, so the address is:

2004 Olympic Trials - Parking
    Box 19278
    Sacramento, CA 95919-0278

There will not, however, be a "pass lane".

Comment

Sounds like national athletics championships will be a hot ticket across the world:

More than 6,000 tickets have been sold for the German National Championships (10-11/juli) - including most of the expensive section seating plans. This is despite the fact that their national qualifying time requirements are not near NCAA Regional Qualfiers. USA/Kenya should be great national meets, indeed.

http://www.leichtathletik.de/dokumente/ ... asp?id=661

Comment

Is there a stadium plan somewhere? I just said sod it I'll drive up there for the last weekend but I hate buying tickets without knowing the location (or is it just GA sectors?)

Comment

Just answered my own question by, duh...looking at usaft.com (or should that be a doh?)

Comment

That would be duh

Comment

For anybody who has never actually been to the stadium, be apprised that the relatively flat pitch of the seats (was built for football, after all) is such that the closer you are to the finish the harder it is to see the starting line in the straightaway races. And that from just about anywhere in the main stands, lanes 7 and 8--at a minimum--will be obscured.

There's no compass rose on the seating chart, but for all intents and purposes figure that the track runs north-south, meaning that those on the backstretch side will have the sun in their faces virtually all day, and those in the grandstand will get the backs of their heads fried.

There is no shade relief on the backstretch side and on the homestretch side only in the upper reaches (where the pressbox finally obscures the sun in the early evening) between say 20m and 80m. If you're lucky enough to score what you consider a primo finishline seat, prepare to fry. (Fortunately, the primo finish seats are/or were in '00 about as close as you can get to a beer stand.)

Comment

I just found this on a letsrun thread! LOL!

"I had a great time in 2000 and any ticket is worth the price, but if you want to really have a good time stay out of the area where the Track and Field News tour people set. Everytime I stood up to cheer on the competiters some fat ass behind me told me to set down. On the other hand it sounded like the people on the backstretch were having a party. Making up chants for there favorites and it looked like they were standing and making a lot of noise for most of the meet. Like my buddy said when he finally had enough. "Everybody else in the fucking stadium is standing up accept for you people...."

btw...just looked at the schedule again and decided it's not worth it, so few events to watch...

Comment

Working...
                X