X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trackstar
    replied
    Re: Bershawn Jackson.48.50..in DII prelims

An eyewitness account from my friend Bret Bloomquist, sports editor at the San Angelo Standard-Times:

Unbelievable.

You do realize that kid is a freshman. He just turned 21 so he's not a real freshman, but still damn close.

I watched that race with all the Angelo State guys who were fired up to see him. He was out in lane 7, and just jogged the first 200 meters. Jogged it. The chucklehead in lane 6 made up the stagger on him right at the 200-meter mark and everyone was wondering what the hell was up. He was in third in his prelim flight.

The guy glances over at the dude in lane 6, then hits a gear I have never, ever, ever seen. He was getting beat at the 200 mark by a half stagger, he was a half-flight ahead at the 300 mark and won by three seconds.

Damndest thing I've ever seen and it was a prelim. A prelim.

Leave a comment:

• mike renfro
    replied

When he goes sub 48. Hopefully at the trials.

Leave a comment:

• bigred
    replied

Grasshopper--> I wasn't aware of those results. I guess he is rolling. I still stand by my comment that Jackson looks in the best shape.

Leave a comment:

• Grasshopper
    replied

>Cubby --> I made that comment based on what I've seen so far this season. I'm
    >sure when Woody or Taylor get rolling, I might change my mind.

Joey Woody's 2004 results:
    Mt. Sac Relays - 49.11
    Drake Relays - 49.18
    Iowa City, IA - 48.94
    Tuscon, AZ - 48.62

At what point will you consider Mr. Woody to have gotten "rolling"?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

If you want to see Sanchez, Jackson, Taylor and Woody, tune into the Pre Classic on June 19th. All are entered.

Leave a comment:

• bigred
    replied

Cubby --> I made that comment based on what I've seen so far this season. I'm sure when Woody or Taylor get rolling, I might change my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Cubby
    replied

How about last year's Silver Medalist at the World Championships? Anyone remember his name?

Leave a comment:

• nawtyxes
    replied

>This guy is quietly doing his own thing in DII. I think he is the U.S's best
    >answer to Felix Sanchez. What's up with Ken Ferguson?

Angelo Taylor will be back on the scene.

Leave a comment:

• dl
    replied

As reported in T&FN earlier, Ferguson was academically ineligible this year.

He's been training out at the USOC center in Chula Vista, Ca. He's expected to be back at South Carolina next season.

Leave a comment:

• bigred
    started a topic Bershawn Jackson.48.50..in DII prelims

Bershawn Jackson.48.50..in DII prelims

This guy is quietly doing his own thing in DII. I think he is the U.S's best answer to Felix Sanchez. What's up with Ken Ferguson?
Working...
X