Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tyson Gay has only just stopped eating McD's 3 times a w

Originally posted by Gabriella
    And what about Khristo Markov's 20 a day smoking habit? I am in no way supporting smoking but it didn't seem to affect him in his prime (God knows whether he has something nasty as a result of it now though)
    One may remember the french pole vaulter Vigneron smoking in the stadium between his jumps...

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
      Didn't Shirley Strong have a 100 a day habit :shock: !! that sounds rather excessive maybe i got that wrong

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/22 ... -43176.jpg
      Ha!! Totally LOVE that picture! It's very Bet Lynch-like, or Queen Bea from Prisoner Cell Block H!!!

I love it too. :lol:

Comment

Bolt eats "junk" everyday and he is the best.

Imagine how much faster he would be if he ate healthy.

Comment

And what about Khristo Markov's 20 a day smoking habit? I am in no way supporting smoking but it didn't seem to affect him in his prime (God knows whether he has something nasty as a result of it now though)
          Hestrie Cloete used to smoke a packet of cigarettes per days during her prime. She said she jumps with her legs, not her lungs. I think I read somewhere she was seen drinking a bottle of beer just before going into doping control but I'm not sure whether this is true or not!
          http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
            Hestrie Cloete used to smoke a packet of cigarettes per days during her prime. She said she jumps with her legs, not her lungs. I think I read somewhere she was seen drinking a bottle of beer just before going into doping control but I'm not sure whether this is true or not!
            With power to weight ratio important in the jumps, some athletes do smoke to act as a hunger suppressant.

Comment

Originally posted by jamboy
              Bolt eats "junk" everyday and he is the best.

Imagine how much faster he would be if he ate healthy.
              Don't bet on it. Strict diet regimes for athletes have less impact on performance than universally believed and a large part of the impact is discipline of the regimen rather than its "nutritional value". Supplements are yet another story.
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

It's probably more likely that Tyson Gay wouldn't be any better, not a bit, even if his step-father had been Marv Marinovich. We're talking about a man whose bodyfat percentage was already under 10% ... eating "junkfood". A Mcdonalds grilled chicken sandwich:

Calories 350
                Total Fat 9g 13%*
                Carbs 42g 14%*
                Protein 28g
                Sodium 820mg 34%*
                *US Recommended Daily Allowance

It might be a bit high in carbs and fat for a "bodybuilder", but the protein amount is good and a male sprinter with the reported work ethic of Tyson Gay is going to use the extra calories as fuel for the super intense workout that awaits the next day. They used to say "don't try this at home", well when it comes to athletes its true. How many of you want to eat Ryan Lochte's or Michael Phelps' 4000+ calories a day?

Comment

Working...
                X