Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adidas Girl's Dream Mile

Since there's a Boy's Dream Mile thread up, I thought it only fair the Girl's Dream Mile has one too.
    Here's the entrants:

Jamie Phelan (Canada)
    Sabrina Southerland
    Erin Finn
    Carmen Carlos
    Reagan Anderson
    Haley Meier
    Hannah Meier (Do these sisters EVER race separately? )
    Wesley Frazier

Of course, the ones missing--Mary Cain, Elise Cranny, and Sarah Baxter--would make it a REALLY Dream Mile, but....!!

This field, even without the 3 listed just above, is one of the best girls HS fields I've ever heard of.
    While the magic of the sub-4:00 mile chase is exclusive of the boys, there is the sub-4:40 mile (NOT 1600!!) time that is pretty magical for girls!
    And I could foresee, even without those other three, one or more going under 4:40.
    And maybe, just maybe, approaching (or beating) the HSR of Polly Plumer!!

Re: adidas Girl's Dream Mile

Other than Arcadia, does anyone know if Sarah Baxter has ever ran in a high level invitation 1500, mile or 3200 race?

Thanks.

allspeed

Comment

Baxter's not contested any high powered invitationals outside of Arcadia. Closest would be the Ventura County Championships she's run each of her three high school seasons (10.30,47; 10.21,61; and 10.06,74, respectively). It's a county-wide invitational, but obviously lacks both the depth and star-power offered at Arcadia and Mt. Sac.

The adidas Girl's Dream Mile would be more complete with the aforementioned in addition to Alexa Efraimson (10). Efraimson ran 4.42,41 at adidas last season in grade-9, beating Frazier (4.42,78) and Finn (4.47,08).

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
        Baxter's not contested any high powered invitationals outside of Arcadia. Closest would be the Ventura County Championships she's run each of her three high school seasons (10.30,47; 10.21,61; and 10.06,74, respectively). It's a county-wide invitational, but obviously lacks both the depth and star-power offered at Arcadia and Mt. Sac.

The adidas Girl's Dream Mile would be more complete with the aforementioned in addition to Alexa Efraimson (10). Efraimson ran 4.42,41 at adidas last season in grade-9, beating Frazier (4.42,78) and Finn (4.47,08).
        Efraimson ran a 4:19 1500 in Eugene a few weeks ago, winning the race, and beating Laura Roesler (4:22).
        That 4:19 is equal to a sub-4:40 mile.

BTW, FloTrack mentions Mary Cain as one of the people trying for an "A" this weekend in the Oxy High Performance meet!!

Comment

Re: adidas Girl's Dream Mile--Frazier in 4:39.17

Wesley Frazier used her strong kick in the last lap, hitting about 65 for a time of 4:39.17.
          This places her A-T # 5 on the outdoor FULL mile list (No 1600 times, converted or not!!).
          ANDDDDD......
          this makes her faster than one Mary Cain!!
          Cain's fastest outdoor mile is still her 4:39.28 from the 2012 Penn!

Also, the Meier twins did quite well!
          Hannah ran 4:40.48 for 2nd, and 13th on the outdoor mile list A-T.
          Sister Haley ran 4:42.11 in 3rd...and is now 20th on the A-T outdoor list.....ahead of ...Jordan Hasay!!
          (Again, I do NOT include any 1600 converted times on my list!!)

Madie Boreman, the Texas frosh, got a 2 second PR with her 4:46.

BTW, Frazier and both Meier girls are going to be Duke tracksters next year!!
          (Are we talking a GREAT 4X1 mile or DMR team for Duke??!!)

Comment

No surprises in this race. I even had the prefecta. My only surprise was Haley finishing third. She is much close to her sister then I though. Glad to see the time got in under 4:40. Wesley Frazier is a force to be reconned with. Her triple at the NBN outdoors in NC in 2011 showed she has speed and range. Great end to her Senior year. Does anyone know if she plans on the World Jrs. and if so what event(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Rothosen
              No surprises in this race. I even had the prefecta. My only surprise was Haley finishing third. She is much close to her sister then I though. Glad to see the time got in under 4:40. Wesley Frazier is a force to be reconned with. Her triple at the NBN outdoors in NC in 2011 showed she has speed and range. Great end to her Senior year. Does anyone know if she plans on the World Jrs. and if so what event(s).
              Frazier said (in the post-race interview) she'll be tripling (5K, 2 mile, and mile!!) at NB!!
              After that, nothing until she gets to Duke!!

Comment

North Carolina & adidas Dream Mile records for Wesley Frazier (4:39.17). Also State record for Sarah Feeny (UT), 4:46.24. Brava!

Comment

Working...
                X