Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry The Server Went Down (!#@#%#@%$)

Hopefully anybody who wanted to was able to find an alternate means to our front page for getting through to Regionals results.

And now that we are back.... Sanya Richards 50.49 in her heat?!!

Re: Sorry The Server Went Down (!#@#%#@%$)

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you step away from the server for a few hours and all hell breaks loose...

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering why I couldn't get on on such an important track day...

So much for Sanya's "anemic" 400 time this year. It wasn't but months ago she set the world junior record indoor. She might get the outdoor record before the season's done.

Other MidWest Regional news:

Dabryan Blanton, the NCAA indoor 60m champion, was a late scratch in the 100. My guess is that his coach feels like he has a chance for the Olympic team, albeit slight, if he recoups a little more from his hamstring "tweak" of 5/1.

Jeremy Wariner and Darold Williamson toyed with their prelim competition, winning their heats in glacially slow times. Of course to most people, those times would be unattainable. But they ain't most people. They are both going to obliterate the young regional record in the finals.

Kyle Lancaster of Kansas State put in a solid HJ of 7-04.50 in winning the event.

Oklahoma's Laverne Jones and Baylor's Lakadron Ivery both went under the regional record at 11.25 and 11.26 respectively in the womens 100 prelims.

The MidWest Region record in the women's 200 was 23.05. Forget that record: Ashley Williams (Texas) 22.79; Laverne Jones 22.90; Lakadron Ivery 22.95; Tremedia Brice (Texas Southern) 23.00 in prelims.

The aforementioned Sanya Richards blew away the 400 regional record mark with a 50.49 in prelims. I'm betting she goes well under 50 in the final.

It's driving me crazy that I can't access the women's 1500 results. I have high expectations for Oklahoma's frosh sensation Jessica Eldridge putting up a serious time.

Three women's hurdlers went under the regional record in 100 hurdles prelims. Priscilla Lopes of Nebraska and Raasin McIntosh of Texas ran sizzling 12.91's, and Nicole Denby of Texas ran a 12.95. Should be a sensational final.

Beth Hinshaw of Rice beat Jessie Graff of Nebraska in the women's pole vault. Both cleared 4.11/13-05.75 in breaking the regional record.

That's all for now, folks. Anybody want to report on other regions, or comment more on this one?

Comment

where are these results?

Comment

>It's driving me crazy that I can't access the women's 1500 results.<

The event will be held as a final tomorrow--no heats today.

Comment

>where are these results?

They are on the front page of this website.

Comment

They listed a prelim for the event, but I seem to remember that only about 12-14 actually declared for the event, so that would explain it.

Comment

Muna Lee (lsu)'s 11.07 (w+2.1)and 22.47 prelims aint shabby!

yes Christian's's 10.11 was great and his 20.22 won the heat by half a second, though windy (+3.5)

Mardy Scales of MTSU kicked a windy 10.04 (+3.9) and arkansas freshman Wallace Spearmon a 20.25 (+2.7) prelims at mideast are nothing to sniff at either..

potter/wariner/williamson killed their heats but im hoping the finals knock about 3/4 of a second off their heat times.

sanya richards.. oh lordy..

i'm sure there's a lot more great stuff i didnt get to yet or missed..

lots to look forward to this (long) weekend.

Comment

basehead,

Posting basically the same thing in two different threads? You know that's naughty.

But I DO SHARE your enthusiasm...

;^))

Comment

I guess I'm kinda suprised that neither Richards or Henderson doubled back in the 200. Losing Veronica was a blow to that event as well. The 200 always seems to be a stepchild.

Comment

Speaking of doubling back to the 200, I noticed that Jeremy Wariner has entered the men's 200 at the OT's based on his provisional time he ran in the ony 200 he's run this year (Georgia Tech Invitational).

As talented as I think the guy is, I think he's probably signed up for the 200 just because he can, since it doesn't cost a dime more to enter multiple events if you pay your entry fee...

But you never know. Isn't Michael Johnson the only male American runner to even try the 200/400 double in the Olympics? I seem to recall that it was a big controversy when the world Olympic committee adjusted the competition schedule to facilitate his quest for a double individual gold.

Which he achieved. With ease, as I recall.

Comment

>arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you step away from the server
                        >for a few hours and all hell breaks loose...

It was acting up a couple of hours before it went down. Next time I'll tell gh. I'm sure he'd know how to fix it

Comment

>Speaking of doubling back to the 200, I noticed that Jeremy Wariner has entered the men's 200 at the OT's based on his provisional time he ran in the ony 200 he's run this year (Georgia Tech Invitational).

As talented as I think the guy is, I think he's probably signed up for the 200 just because he can, since it doesn't cost a dime more to enter multiple events if you pay your entry fee...<

I'm sure this has more to do with the time schedule than the entry fee. The men's 400 at the Trials is finished before the 200 rounds begin. So why wouldn't he enter the 200m just as a hedge in case he doesn't make the team in the 400?

Comment

>>arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you step away from the
                            >server
                            >for a few hours and all hell breaks loose...

It was acting up a
                            >couple of hours before it went down. Next time I'll tell gh. I'm sure he'd know
                            >how to fix it>>

gh don't do IT

Comment

It was acting
                              >up a
                              >couple of hours before it went down. Next time I'll tell gh. I'm sure
                              >he'd know
                              >how to fix it>>

>gh don't do IT

Yeah but you could have chased bh to whatever lounge chair he was sitting in:-).

Comment

Working...
                              X