Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veronica Campbell

Veronica Campbell didn't run at Regionals. Is she out of NCAAs?

Re: Veronica Campbell

Correct, she or anyone else must give an honest effort in order to advance to the NCAA Championships.

Alistar Cragg didn't start in the 5,000 meters as well. I wonder what LSU is thinking now about their shot at a team title with Cragg out of the 5k. I would still give Arkansas the advantage, but they have to be looking over their shoulder now. Very interesting.

Comment

It's interesting that Cragg tripled at the SEC meet, but will now only run at most one event at NCAAs.

Comment

He can now only compete in the 10,000 meters at the NCAA Championships.

Comment

Wonder if it was injury related. NCAAs probably doesn't mean much to her in the big picture. She has a realistic chance of making the 100/200 final in Athens.

Comment

Looking at the results, they have Campbell as the second leg of the 4x100 meter prelims in which they ran 44.74.

Comment

Geat scott! Turns out that Cragg got a medical waiver:

http://www.hogwired.com/tablestory.asp? ... ry_ID=5799

Comment

Trackshark, I'm glad you mentioned it. I'd forgotten that Texas ran a 43.30 in their womens 4x100 prelim.

That's the 6th fastest time in the world this year, just .02 behind the Jamaican national team, and just .97 behind the best the unoffical U.S. team has to offer.

Man, that is freaking fast!

Comment

"Arkansas' 4x100-meter relay ran a solid 44.74 to notch the second-fastest qualifying mark despite two poor handoffs, but in the aftermath, sophomore sensation Veronica Campbell came up with a strained left hamstring, thus eliminating her from the rest of the competition."

http://www.uark.edu/depts/wathinfo/trac ... t17-1.html

Comment

Okay, what am I missing with Alistar Cragg. When I read the NCAA manual on the regional meets http://www.gomatadors.com/pdf/Technical_Manual.pdf I see no exemption for medical waivers (see page 14). I thought the NCAA committee wanted to avoid medical waivers since there is potential for abuse.

Comment

My apologies for posting "two in a row" but Lance Harter is saying that Veronica will run the 100 and 200 at NCAAs. Obviously, the medical waiver rule there as well.

Comment

It's clear that the Arkansas staff, men and women, believe there's a medical exemption procedure, but the manual that Bob Bettwy posted a link to seems to say that there's no such thing.

I'll be curious to see what happens. I hope these guys know what they're doing.

Comment

One set of rules for Arkansas, another for everybody else?

Or, how about LSU's DQ in the women's 4x1 heats. Anybody see that? Great way to get around the honest-effort rule just blow the first pass and Muna Lee doesn't have to take a step.

Comment

damn,damn,damn
                            of course I couldn't care less about her missing ncaa, just hope that it isn't enough to stop her making our Olympic team
                            why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

<Or, how about
                              >LSU's DQ in the women's 4x1 heats. Anybody see that? Great way to get around
                              >the honest-effort rule just blow the first pass and Muna Lee doesn't have to
                              >take a step.>>

Like I said in another thread: pull the relays out of the Regionals.

Comment

Working...
                              X