Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Return of Gabe

Anyway care to speculate how he'll do in the 1500m at the Payton Jordan meet on the 31st?
    Reports were that he's been doing the hardest training of his life, yet it's been a long, long time since his last race--- and the number of opportunities for making an "A" qualifying standard is dwindling fast.

Re: The Return of Gabe

I predict he will go left foot, right foot. I don't think he's ready for left foot, left foot. But I will be there to check it out.

Comment

I predict he's going to do sensationally well. I'll actually be a bit disappointed if he doesn't.

Comment

Gabe goes 3:47 and disappoints his fans again. I absolutely do not understand why people like him. Absolute fruit-loop.

Comment

"Absolute fruit-loop."

Which is exactly why I DO like him (well, that and he's a Farm boy). We need personalities in the sport. He does have the talent, so it's not like he couldn't do well. When Gabe opens his mouth, people listen. No one understands what he's saying, but we do listen. I bet sportwriters salivate when they hear he's at a meet.

Comment

They salivate because they are in a rush to find an interpreter! I wish the best for Gabe and his competitors come Monday (and beyond).

Comment

3:44.81 (Wild guess, I hope he does sub 3:40).

Comment

Gabe will have the opportunity to get the A standard at the Pre Classic on June 19th, where he is entered in the 1500.

Comment

>Gabe will have the opportunity to get the A standard at the Pre Classic on June
                  >19th, where he is entered in the 1500.

The most important information in that post being the fact that there will be both a mile and a 1500(for those still needing a q) at Pre. I am assuming that is you Tom? Schedule here:

http://www.preclassic.com/2004meet.html

Comment

>Gabe will have the opportunity to get the A standard at the Pre Classic on June 19th, where he is entered in the 1500.<

But what if he has achieved the A standard before then? I assume he'll then be permitted to run the mile, if he chooses to.

Comment

>3:44.81 (Wild guess, I hope he does sub 3:40).
                      Yeah, we need to have a betting pool on this and other things. If Gabe breaks 3:40, that would be viewed as something pretty fantastic at this time and put him right back into the game.

Comment

>If Gabe breaks 3:40, that would be viewed as something pretty fantastic at this time and put him right back into the game.

What game?

Comment

>>Gabe will have the opportunity to get the A standard at the Pre Classic on
                          >June 19th, where he is entered in the 1500.<

But what if he has achieved the
                          >A standard before then? I assume he'll then be permitted to run the mile, if
                          >he chooses to.

Probably.

Comment

It's actually unfortunate that, given that this is the 50th anniversary of what some consider to be track's greatest achievement, you can't q in the 1500 with a mile time. Both the 1500 and the mile at Pre will be the poorer because of it. Apparently, they will have a clock at the 1500 in the mile. Can that be used for a q time?

Comment

>It's actually unfortunate that, given that this is the 50th anniversary of what
                              >some consider to be track's greatest achievement, you can't q in the 1500 with
                              >a mile time. Both the 1500 and the mile at Pre will be the poorer because of
                              >it. Apparently, they will have a clock at the 1500 in the mile. Can that be
                              >used for a q time?

yes the 1500 time in the mile will count as a qualifier, obviously it is harder to get a qualifier en route to a longer distance, thus making it necessary to have a 1500 and a mile at pre.

Comment

Working...
                              X