X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprintstatman
    replied
    Re: Peformance of the day in sprints..Brendan Christian 10.1

>According to Azusa Pacific's website, Mitchell suffered a cramp in his hamstring during the 200m prelims on Friday.

Thanks for the info. He was a class above the field in the 100m so it's a shame he was hurt.

>He was able to come back and compete in the finals of the 100m & Long Jump

And here we have a clue as to why it happened ... that's a tough schedule. And if he had cramped earlier he is risking injury running at all. No mercy eh?

Leave a comment:

• ycn
    replied
    Re: Alistair Cragg - Medical Exemption

Garry, I know that there are several collegians with Olympic "A" marks in the 100 (10.21), but if others than Blanton have achieved legal U.S. "A" marks (10.07), I'm not aware of them.

Leave a comment:

• Grasshopper
    replied

>>At the NAIA Champs, Mike Mithcell of Azusa ran 10.07 (4.5w) in the prelims of
    >the 100 meters.

...and he ran 10.29w in the semis, but he only managed 10.62
    >for fifth in a final won by Derrick Atkins in 10.36. Anyone know what
    >happened?

According to Azusa Pacific's website, Mitchell suffered a cramp in his hamstring during the 200m prelims on Friday. He was able to come back and compete in the finals of the 100m & Long Jump, but the cramp obviously slowed him down.

http://www.apu.edu/athletics/trackandfield/

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

>I wonder if Dabryan Blanton's AJR time in the 100 meters merits the same
    >exemption? AFAIK, he's the only American collegian to attain a valid Olympic
    >and U.S. Trials "A" mark in that event...>>

No, there are 5-6 others

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/di ... jsp?id=255

Leave a comment:

• Sprintstatman
    replied

>At the NAIA Champs, Mike Mithcell of Azusa ran 10.07 (4.5w) in the prelims of the 100 meters.

...and he ran 10.29w in the semis, but he only managed 10.62 for fifth in a final won by Derrick Atkins in 10.36. Anyone know what happened?

Leave a comment:

• ycn
    replied

I wonder if Dabryan Blanton's AJR time in the 100 meters merits the same exemption? AFAIK, he's the only American collegian to attain a valid Olympic and U.S. Trials "A" mark in that event...

Leave a comment:

• 1-2-Go
    replied
    Alistair Cragg - Medical Exemption

From Hogwired:

<< ... The 5,000 meters was notably missing senior All-American Alistair Cragg when he was pulled out of the event with a medical exemption. Cragg still holds the nation’s top time (13:16.98) and will earn an at-large bid to nationals based off his time.

“He has a cramp in his calf, so we got a medical waiver, because there is no way he could have run,” Arkansas head coach John McDonnell said. “Hopefully he’ll be all right by nationals, we’ve got two weeks. Alistair is a very tough guy ... ”>>

Leave a comment:

• basehead617
    replied

i mentioned these in the 'server down' thread but in case people understandably dont read that one, i'll do it here:

Muna Lee (lsu)'s 11.07 (w+2.1)and 22.47 prelims aint shabby!

yes Christian's's 10.11 was great and his 20.22 won the heat by half a second, though windy (+3.5)

Mardy Scales of MTSU kicked a windy 10.04 (+3.9) and arkansas freshman Wallace Spearmon a 20.25 (+2.7) prelims at mideast are nothing to sniff at either..

potter/wariner/williamson killed their heats but im hoping the finals knock about 3/4 of a second off their heat times.

sanya richards.. oh lordy..

i'm sure there's a lot more great stuff i didnt get to yet or missed..

lots to look forward to this (long) weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Trackshark
    replied

At the NAIA Champs, Mike Mithcell of Azusa ran 10.07 (4.5w) in the prelims of the 100 meters.

Yes, Sanya's race today was the dominant performance in the sprinting events.

Leave a comment:

• ycn
    replied

I think the performance of the day was Sanya Richard's 50.49 in the prelims, a time 2.78 seconds faster than her nearest rival in her heat.

Blanton ran a 10.07 in regional heats last year, and Christian was a well-beaten 4th in the 100 in the Big 12 meet this year, an event that Blanton would have won by close to .20 seconds if he hadn't pulled up lame in the last 15 meters.

Richards may break the world junior record tomorrow, if she has any competition whatsoever in the final. She already is the junior best indoors.

(Excuse my edit of this post, but I wanted to mention that Richard's 400 prelim was the fastest 400 time in the world so far this year - by .15 seconds.)

Leave a comment:

• Trackshark
    replied

...and a 20.22 (3.5w) to top it off

Leave a comment:

• Peformance of the day in sprints..Brendan Christian 10.11

Sizzling 10.11 with 0.9 wind. I'ts been a while since we've seen a legal sub 10 by a collegian. He just might do it.
Working...
X