Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andrew rock

what do y'all think about this div. 3 400 phenom? he won d3 nationals by more than a second with a d3 record time of 45.29. is the 2004 olympics in his future?

Re: andrew rock

um d3. who cares about d3.

Comment

who cares about d3? it just so happens that this man's times beat most d1 times (actually, i think he might be top 10 of all u.s. 400 runners), and if he consistently raced against d1 opponents, he'd probably be even better. look into wisconsin la crosse, you ignorant schmuck. that team is better without scholarships than most d1 schools.

Comment

And he's a honky! Maybe among the 10 fastest white Americans ever? And I think only a junior.

Comment

Bennie:

You're getting a bit old already. Please knock it off.

Comment

That's right, he's only a junior. At the beginning of outdoor there were rumors that he would move to the 400IH next year b/c he and his coach felt it was his best chance post-collegiately (he was a very good 300 hurdler in hs). However, he has now moved to a new level and sits as the #5 collegian regardless of division. Next year should be an exciting one for him.

Comment

and what division is Morehouse?? NAIA

it's all about scoreboard aka stop watch...

ya run da fastest, ya brag da loudest

Comment

just thought i'd bump up this tread to see what everyone thinks now, especially after his second-place (45.82) showing at iowa state last weekend (indoors - 300m track i think). he won his heat by more than a second and probably would have run faster if he'd have been in the same heat as the guy from baylor (45.79) who won his heat by about half a second. that's two times now that rock has manhandled minnesota's steele.

Comment

I think Rock is going to team up with Steele, Potter and Wariner to give the U.S. it's first all-white 4x400 since..... Hey one of you historical honks give me a hand here!

Comment

One of the things I love about track is that race usually seems to stay out of the mix. Who cares about the last white 4x4? Other than major barrier-breaking situations (J. Robinson, J. Owens), or even the first white to break 10.00, let's just look at times in black and white, not skin.

Also, it's a bit of wishful thinking to posit that an all-white 4x4 will be at the olympics. First off, look at the fact that Rock lost to an American (Williamson), and that there are 3 Americans ahead of Steele alone on the D-I list, and that you aren't even mentioning the guys like Tyree Washington, Otis Harris, Derrick Brew, , etc that have a chance to make the team.

Comment

>um d3. who cares about d3.

D III is where the real coaching takes place! As I said in another post, "the coaching starts where the scholarships end"! I laugh when I read about coaches complaining about having to field a team "with only x number of scholarship players".
                      D III regularly turns out great athletes and teams- off the top of my head, Olympic Marathon gold medalist for the US recently, 18+ vaulter last year, a solo 13:40 indoor 5k, lapping the field. Who holds the football yardage rushing record for collegiates?

And the athletes do it because they love it!

Comment

If you care about such things and you wanna root for an all-white 4x4 in Athens I'd say Poland is your best bet.

Personally, I've been disappointed that Kenya's 4x4 teams have deteriorated since '93.

Comment

A. Rock

"and what division is Morehouse?? NAIA"

Morehouse was NCAA D3 when Moses ran there.

Comment

Re: A. Rock

All I know is that seeing the Minnesota 4 by 4 was strange to say the least. Not that I think caucasian endurance sprinters can't compete with African American, or African Carribean sprinters. But the sociological divide between white atheletes and black atheletes is more pronounced then ever.......

Comment

Re: A. Rock

Last all-white US international 4x4 team: 1936? 1932,anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X