• Show
Clear All

• Cragg Not On Official (?) List Of NCAA Champs Performers

http://members.aol.com/rpodkam/d1moutL.txt

Neither is Veronica Campbell

http://members.aol.com/rpodkam/d1woutL.txt

(does say "subject to review" at top)

Re: Cragg Not On Official (?) List Of NCAA Champs Performers

Declarations for meet run from 6:00 PM Monday night (PDT) through 12:00 Tuesday (PDT) with final lists to be posted by 9:00 PM (PDT) Tuesday (midnight east).

Comment

So what is the significance of those lists? Clearly they will not go 90 deep in the field events for the finals. Some of the marks (2.02 HJ, for instance) would not have qualified 40 years ago when I was in college! What are marks like that doing on the lists?

Comment

The list includes everyone who was eligible to compete at the NCAA Regional Meets. This means that the athletes in question either performed under the qualifying times (generally = to 100th best mark from previous year) or, in the case of the 2.02 HJers, won their conference meet, thus earning an automatic qualification for the Regionals.

Comment

>The list includes everyone who was eligible to compete at the NCAA Regional
          >Meets. >>

No, that's a separate list. In men's 100, for example, there were 95 men eligible for the Regionals 100; this list is pared to 67 in that event. Other events are similar. I'm ASSUMING that means that the 28 dropped names didn't compete in the Regionals at all, rendering them ineligible. If I understand the process right, they'll take the top 5 (who want to go) from each of 4 regions, then add another 5-6 people starting at the top of what's left of this list after those coupla dozen are removed.

Comment

This clearly not settled yet: this note is now at the top of the list of supposed qualifiers

<<+++ This is the list of those accepted into the National Championship
            pending modifications as a result of medical scratches. +++++++>>

Comment

If Campbell and Cragg run NCAAs, I would like to go to the same sports therapists!

Comment

Who's on the bubble, waiting for the Cragg decision?

27 Steven Kocsis JR Tennessee-Chat 14:15.75 ME 03-26

Comment

>waiting for the Cragg decision?

Do we know who is making this "Cragg" (and, presumably Campbell) decision? Were there any other Regions that had athletes claim "medical exemptions" (i.e. where the referee either did not read the rule or did not care what it said)?

Comment

I personally from a selfish point of view hope that Campbell doesn't run at the NCAA, especially if she did indeed strain her hamstring. Better to rest for the more important (in the long run) Olympic trials.
                    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

The official lists are now out -- as linked on the front page of this website:

http://members.aol.com/rpodkam/d1moutF.txt (men)

http://members.aol.com/rpodkam/d1woutF.txt (women)

HOWEVER...it appears the bandwidth (all 1.0mb of it???) has exceeded for the day. Perhaps this list needs to be hosted somewhere else and not on a personal AOL account to avoid situations like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X