Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

    The Universiade starts in a few days and Russia is sending a strong team. Not surprising since it is hosting the event in Kazan, the capital of it's Tatarstan Republic.

    Some names confirmed to start:

    Shubenkov, Trenikhin (relay only) Uhkov, Mudrov, Menkov, Fyodorov, Samitov, Tarabin, Ioradn, Krivov,Ustalova, Korulskaya, Sharmina, Golovkina, Zaripova, Ryzhova (relay only) Kuchina, Sokolova (LJ) Sokolova (Walk), Kirdyapkina, Koneva, Tarasova, Abakumova, Chernova.

    Russian winners will receive $5000 from the Russian Government plus another $8500 from the local Tartarstan government. However, The timing of this in relation to the Russian championships is quite close (22nd to 25th July), so I'm surprised someone like Ustalova is running, considering her event is usually the most competitive at the Russian nationals. There could be a condition that any Russian winners here auto qualify for Moscow though as has happened in the past. Chernova is down and I presume for the heptathlon.

    Note the Moscow Championships start from tomorrow, 4th to the 5th.

  • #2
    Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

    Originally posted by Gabriella
    Shubenkov, Trenikhin (relay only) Uhkov, Mudrov, Menkov, Fyodorov, Samitov, Tarabin, Ioradn, Krivov,Ustalova, Korulskaya, Sharmina, Golovkina, Zaripova, Ryzhova (relay only) Kuchina, Sokolova (LJ) Sokolova (Walk), Kirdyapkina, Koneva, Tarasova, Abakumova, Chernova.
    The Kenyan and Ethiopian women steeplechasers have been butting heads all spring/summer, but Zaripova has yet to "splash", having run just a 5000 in 15:38.1h May 13. This could be the year she takes Galkina's WR down. I'm sure she would love to emulate Galkina's fete of a WR in a global championship, especially in her home country.

    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

      Hoping this thread is not restricted to RUS, here is some other related Universiade content:

      USA Team Roster:


      Majority of USA team competes in lane races -- 400 meters or shorter.

      Canada Team Roster:
      http://www.athletics.ca/display_news.asp?newsid=1491

      TV Schedule:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

        Originally posted by Gabriella
        The Universiade starts in a few days and Russia is sending a strong team. Not surprising since it is hosting the event in Kazan, the capital of it's Tatarstan Republic.

        Some names confirmed to start:

        Shubenkov, Trenikhin (relay only) Uhkov, Mudrov, Menkov, Fyodorov, Samitov, Tarabin, Ioradn, Krivov,Ustalova, Korulskaya, Sharmina, Golovkina, Zaripova, Ryzhova (relay only) Kuchina, Sokolova (LJ) Sokolova (Walk), Kirdyapkina, Koneva, Tarasova, Abakumova, Chernova.

        Russian winners will receive $5000 from the Russian Government plus another $8500 from the local Tartarstan government. However, The timing of this in relation to the Russian championships is quite close (22nd to 25th July), so I'm surprised someone like Ustalova is running, considering her event is usually the most competitive at the Russian nationals. There could be a condition that any Russian winners here auto qualify for Moscow though as has happened in the past. Chernova is down and I presume for the heptathlon.

        Note the Moscow Championships start from tomorrow, 4th to the 5th.
        I'm not surprised as a lot of the younger Russians attend Kazan. It's kind like 'Luffbra' in Britain. Best coaches, best facilities and in a beautiful area of Russia in geography and weather.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

          Originally posted by Alan Shank
          Originally posted by Gabriella
          Shubenkov, Trenikhin (relay only) Uhkov, Mudrov, Menkov, Fyodorov, Samitov, Tarabin, Ioradn, Krivov,Ustalova, Korulskaya, Sharmina, Golovkina, Zaripova, Ryzhova (relay only) Kuchina, Sokolova (LJ) Sokolova (Walk), Kirdyapkina, Koneva, Tarasova, Abakumova, Chernova.
          The Kenyan and Ethiopian women steeplechasers have been butting heads all spring/summer, but Zaripova has yet to "splash", having run just a 5000 in 15:38.1h May 13. This could be the year she takes Galkina's WR down. I'm sure she would love to emulate Galkina's fete of a WR in a global championship, especially in her home country.

          Cheers,
          Alan Shank
          Woodland, CA, USA
          Yuliya Zaripova has it in her. Needs right conditions and reason. She is a great tactical runner though, controls the race and pace how she wants it, slower early rounds but really brutal in the second half. She doesn't seem bother by times though, she runs to win.

          BYW, where and when did she run the 5000m? I didn't catch that one. It's a huge improvement on her 2010 16:02:81

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

            Originally posted by eldanielfire
            BYW, where and when did she run the 5000m? I didn't catch that one. It's a huge improvement on her 2010 16:02:81
            Tatarstan champs, Kazan, 13 May. Obviously, neither the 16:02 nor this, represents her ability at 5K.
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank
            Woodland, CA, USA

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

              Originally posted by James Fields
              This roster is for 2011 Universiade. For Kazan 2013 it's here:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

                Started yesterday.

                Lesnoi won mSP at 20.30. The other noteworthy thing so far is that van der Plaetsen is off to an excellent start in the decathlon; after 11.12 (+0.1) and 780 (+0.5) in the first two events he's up 67 points on his 8157 from 2011.

                Unfortunately this and the Euro U23s overlap, weakening both.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

                  SP:
                  Knobel 16.00
                  Kharlamov 14.70
                  Sviridov 14.23
                  van der Plaetsen 13.48

                  Quick projection after 3 events:
                  van der Plaetsen 8242
                  Knobel 8234

                  Van der Plaetsen is a very inconsistent high jumper, interesting to see how that event will go. He jumped 217 in Daegu but I think 210 would be a good result for him here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

                    Van der Plaetsen's projection goes down a little bit with 207 and 49.36, but both are normal results for him; he still has every chance of beating his PB. Knobel DNS for the 400m, so van der Plaetsen is now a clear favorite for the gold. Sviridov projects at just over 8000 and looks good for silver; bronze is up for grabs.

                    mHT was good:
                    Fajdek 79.99
                    Lomnick√Ĺ 78.73 PB
                    Litvinov 78.08

                    wLJ:
                    Klishina 690
                    Sokolova 673

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

                      Van der Plaetsen had a very bad 1500, losing 13 seconds compared to the projection, but due to an excellent PV (530) he still just beats his PB at 8164.

                      Today's other highlights:

                      Krivov 1:20.47 (CR)
                      Dmytrenko 1:20.54

                      Mudrov 231
                      Protsenko 231

                      Titimets 54.64
                      Yaroshchuk 54.77
                      Davydova 54.79

                      Mukasheva (KAZ) 1:58.96
                      Kupina 1:59.57

                      Ustalova 50.60

                      Abakumova 65.12

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

                        The heptathlon is underway, which sees 3 of the top ten finishers from London compete; Chernova, Savitskaya and Ikauniece.

                        Chernova had a mediocre hurdles but good HJ and SP. She has a comfortable elad with her strongest events still to come. Savitskaya was below par in her first two events & lost valuable points in the HJ but had a strong SP.

                        After 3 events:

                        Chernova: 13.63/ 1.86/ 13.92 (2874)
                        Klucinova: 14.12/ 1.86/ 13.57 (2780)
                        Zsivoczky-Farkas: 13.97/ 1.83/ 13.60 (2766)
                        Savitskaya: 13.97/ 1.77/ 14.42 (2746)
                        Ikauniece: 13.85/ 1.80/ 12.88 (2697)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

                          Originally posted by Gabriella
                          The heptathlon is underway, which sees 3 of the top ten finishers from London compete; Chernova, Savitskaya and Ikauniece.

                          Chernova had a mediocre hurdles but good HJ and SP. She has a comfortable elad with her strongest events still to come. Savitskaya was below par in her first two events & lost valuable points in the HJ but had a strong SP.

                          After 3 events:

                          Chernova: 13.63/ 1.86/ 13.92 (2874)
                          Klucinova: 14.12/ 1.86/ 13.57 (2780)
                          Zsivoczky-Farkas: 13.97/ 1.83/ 13.60 (2766)
                          Savitskaya: 13.97/ 1.77/ 14.42 (2746)
                          Ikauniece: 13.85/ 1.80/ 12.88 (2697)
                          That's for the update, sadly Eurosport player is having issues at the moment.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

                            Well Yuliya Zaripova sets an easy 9:28 University Steeplechase record there.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Kazan Universiade 6/7- 17/7 strong RUS team

                              Originally posted by Gabriella
                              The heptathlon is underway, which sees 3 of the top ten finishers from London compete; Chernova, Savitskaya and Ikauniece.

                              Chernova had a mediocre hurdles but good HJ and SP. She has a comfortable elad with her strongest events still to come. Savitskaya was below par in her first two events & lost valuable points in the HJ but had a strong SP.

                              After 3 events:

                              Chernova: 13.63/ 1.86/ 13.92 (2874)
                              Klucinova: 14.12/ 1.86/ 13.57 (2780)
                              Zsivoczky-Farkas: 13.97/ 1.83/ 13.60 (2766)
                              Savitskaya: 13.97/ 1.77/ 14.42 (2746)
                              Ikauniece: 13.85/ 1.80/ 12.88 (2697)
                              1.86m is chernova best-ever HJ in Heptathlon,good luck to her.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎