Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Hannes Hopley on a cover of TandF news

I think his throw this past weekend puts him 2 in the world rankings if I'm not mistaken. Also his 222-0 is a new NCAA record. Just a thought

Re: How about Hannes Hopley on a cover of TandF news

With Alan Webb's mark I suspect Mr. Hopley is toast.

Comment

OK, who gives a shit about a guy whos probably not even ranked in the top ten in the world, on top of that all you have to do is run how fuckin hard is that. left foot right foot left foot right foot. At least in sprinting theres some technique involved. anything past the 800 should be ran outside the stadium.

Comment

Let me know when you've run 3:33 for 1500 meters and then tell me how hard it is.

And to your original point- Toby Stevenson, Christian Cantwell, or Tom Pappas would be much better US-based field event choices than Hannes Hopley.

Comment

>I think his throw this past weekend puts him 2 >in the world rankings if I'm not
          >mistaken.

You are mistaken. He's currently no. 5.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

theman needs a nap.

Comment

Come on! I mean Cantwell deserves the cover as much as theman deserves a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! Hopley is brilliant but stick him on the cover when he hits 70m.

Comment

Ok I will agree with the cantwell thing. Or even all three Us shot putters over 70 this year, Godina, Hoffa , Cantwell, As for the dipshit with the comment about me trying to run 3:33 in the 1500meters, Well first of all I'm not that big of a dumbass to keep running around a track so that I can get tired, and secon you try and throw 67.66 meters in the discus. It works both ways.

Comment

Two things:

1. The way magazine production works, the cover was set in stone before this weekend (even though this weekend's action will be in the pages), so no consideration for Hopley.

2. It's not Webb.

3... nah, I said you only got two, so you'll have to wait until next week to see who it really is.

Comment

Oh crap! You went with Gabe didn't you?

Comment

Working...
                    X