Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theeld
    replied
    Shameless plug.... World Championships are coming!! Tons of coverage on Universal Sports throughout the week, and still in STANDARD DEFINITION, we need more pressure on DIRECTV!!!! Call, write, complain!!! Ive done all I can thus far. It is a blessing BEIN Sports has had the Diamond League thus far, the most beautiful picture, in native 1080i....I can see Dibaba's talent rich DNA the picture is so clear, and to think World Championships could be horridly covered in 480i, the thought makes me cringe

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    They also have a new satellite coming online in the next few months and should have no capacity excuses anymore. Directv get with the program!! Sad when the internet stream looks better than the picture on my TV

Leave a comment:

• ralmcg
    replied
    To those who don't get Universal Sports Netowk on cable or satellite, I found a way to watch it with just an internet connection. It is a channel on the dishworld service. Go to http://www.dishworld.com to find out more about dishworld and its sports package. It says that it is in HD.

Leave a comment:

• theeld
    replied
    New season, new pressure on directv to put Universal sports in HD!!! Oprah network is in HD, but Universal SPORTS is not!!

Leave a comment:

• athleticshushmail
    replied
    Re: Directv - Universal Sports HD Request

Depending on what country you live in, if it is legal in your country you can use this program http://www.my-expat-network.com to see important meets on bbc iplayer. Then you can use the get iplayer program to download it if it is legal in your country. Every country has different laws so you have to check which steps are legal for you. This should give full coverage of all the important European and world meets

Leave a comment:

• Bob Duncan
    replied

Originally posted by jamboy
    Originally posted by theeld
    With Universal sports being the carrier of diamond league meets, I would love to see them in brilliant HD as we are all accustomed to. Instead, sadly still only SD..

Consider yourself lucky. Most of us in the US still do not have Universal Sports on our channel lineup(including folks who subscribe to Comcast, Verizon FIOS and many other cable tv systems.)
    Amen.

Last year, these meets were posted after a couple of days to YouTube via WorldSportGirls. The commentary was Russian, but so what? I enjoyed the meets until apparently WSG got their hands slapped over it and the postings stopped.
    Anyway, I'm hoping for the best on re-posts.

And its frustrating to watch the individual event replays on Universal Sports because they tell you up front who wins!

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied

Originally posted by trackstar
    I can't imagine why they would not have this station in HD. I assume it's some sort of cost thing, but damn, just looking at it hurts my eyes. So yes, I'll gladly sign. It's pretty sad that I switched to DirecTV just so I could get this channel, but then I end up watching all the meets through my computer because the picture is better online.
    I don't know how it works in the US, but here in Europe one reason could be exclusive rights. I was unable watch the NFL in HD for a couple of years because Sky Germany had bought the exclusive rights to broadcast ESPN America in HD here.

Leave a comment:

• fasttrak85
    replied

Originally posted by fasttrak85
    :wink: Switch to Verizon. There is literally no reason to have any other carrier. Better picture, cheaper, and no signal loss during bad weather.
    Well, there is one reason: It's not available where I live.

I feel for you. Verizon is constantly expanding so they should be in your area eventually. It really sucked not having Universal in 2012 and 2013. I basically missed the entire World Championships last year counting on NBC footage that often didnt show any replay and often didnt show certain events. I think if footage is shot in HD it should be available in HD as well. DirectTV needs to get it together.

Leave a comment:

• trackstar
    replied

Originally posted by fasttrak85
    :wink: Switch to Verizon. There is literally no reason to have any other carrier. Better picture, cheaper, and no signal loss during bad weather.
    Well, there is one reason: It's not available where I live.

Leave a comment:

• fasttrak85
    replied

I can't imagine why they would not have this station in HD. I assume it's some sort of cost thing, but damn, just looking at it hurts my eyes. So yes, I'll gladly sign. It's pretty sad that I switched to DirecTV just so I could get this channel, but then I end up watching all the meets through my computer because the picture is better online.
    Switch to Verizon. There is literally no reason to have any other carrier. Better picture, cheaper, and no signal loss during bad weather.

Leave a comment:

• theeld
    replied

Bump for first diamond league meet - Doha.... Need some pressure from T&F fans!!!

Leave a comment:

• trackstar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• theeld
    replied

Bump for a new year!!! Lets get Universal Sports and the diamond league in HD!!

Leave a comment:

• jamboy
    replied

Originally posted by theeld
    With Universal sports being the carrier of diamond league meets, I would love to see them in brilliant HD as we are all accustomed to. Instead, sadly still only SD..

Today I requested Directv upgrade Universal Sports to HD, and with enough pressure maybe it can happen, so I urge you all to follow suit.

My brief request:

"Please bring a HD version of Universal Sports to your programming, the standard definition does not do justice to the wonderful sports telecast on this network (specifically track and field in my case). Thank you!!"

Directv Response:
    "Mr. XXXXX,
    Thank you for writing. I understand you want us to offer Universal sports in HD.

While we are unable to comment on upcoming programming decisions, rest assured that we are always reviewing our programming options to provide you with great HD channels. As such, I forwarded your inquiry to DIRECTV management, who reviews every suggestion and inquiry from our most important customers to determine what HD channels should be considered.

Our website at directv.com/pr is the best place to find the latest news and information about our services. We assure you that whenever we add HD channels to our lineup, we make sure that we release a statement to the press.

Thank you for your time and it has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Sincerely,
    xxxxxxxxx"

To help urge the transition you may visit the following and request something similar

http://support.directv.com/app/ask

Consider yourself lucky. Most of us in the US still do not have Universal Sports on our channel lineup(including folks who subscribe to Comcast, Verizon FIOS and many other cable tv systems.)

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied

I added my vote. This could actually happen as they are slowing adding HD channels and they are definitely already down to the small niche channels.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X