• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good 10K

1 SIHINE, Sileshi ETH WL 26:39.69

2 GEBRSELASSIE, Haile ETH 26:41.58

edit: as Larry Rawson is wont to say:

OK, you HS runners, go down to your neighborhood track and run an 8:34 2-mile . . . 3 times in a row without stopping.

Re: Pretty good 10K

>1 SIHINE, Sileshi ETH WL 26:39.69

>

Pretty good? I'd say. I guess its all relative. No WR so its "pretty good". But, in my book two under 26:42 is very, very good.

Geb got beat! But, the OGs are what he is looking forward to. I'm sure he wanted the win but still has a couple months before he REALLY wants to win.

It again looks like Ethiopia has clearly taken over.

Comment

Great times. What's amazing is not that Geb got beat, but that he's running 26:41 this early in the season, and a full decade (or more) after hitting the world class level.

Yes, the Ethiopians are at the top of the heap now. And it's a sign of how great they are that Geb is their "third" guy!

Comment

Geb did not look himself -- no rythm (didn:t find his comfort zone anywhere in the race). Sihine blasted Geb over the final 150m - after both traded pacing chores the entire race. Ran 13.20 at the 5k -- tv looked like Sihine must have closed in about 13-high the final 100m.

Comment

After seeing time for the meet (5, 10) would have to say that Geb is no longer "King" of distance, but i still think that he will win his thrid OLy gold... after that i think he will start to think about the 26.2 race again...

Comment

>After seeing time for the meet (5, 10) would have to say that Geb is no longer
            >"King" of distance, but i still think that he will win his thrid OLy gold...
            >after that i think he will start to think about the 26.2 race again...

He may not be king, but he was hoisted aloft by the Ethiopians, and was honored for his 2nd-place finish...(or to celebrate the passing of his wr to Bekele). Bekele did not receive any such honor tonight.

Comment

Geb is doing well, but the level of 10k running has improved. It is amazing that 26:41 isn't good enough to win now. Wow! I hope Geb backs off the training. I suspect he has been working extra hard on his speed and his legs aren't sharp. Tinman

Comment

That makes Sihine 7th performer, 9th performance AT. 7th sub 27 for Geb. If the 5K was WOW, this was at least wow, if not Wow.

Comment

>1 SIHINE, Sileshi ETH WL 26:39.69

>

edit: as Larry Rawson is wont to say:

OK, you HS runners, go down to
                  >your neighborhood track and run an 8:34 2-mile . . . 3 times in a row without
                  >stopping.

Possibly the second funniest thing I have ever read here.

Comment

I had a beer (ok, actually, he drank chardonnay, i had a sapphire tonic) after the meet today. He was much funnier.

Comment

Working...
                    X