Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Junior Championship in Italy

I just heard Jessica Judd is out of 800!

Re: European Junior Championship in Italy

@jessjuddxx
    Very happy to have been selected for Moscow! Unfortunately after picking up a niggle last week we've decided to miss the Euro Juniors...

I really think she should have given the UK Champs a miss because she said she went into that race with a slight niggle and there wasn't much reason for her to run there because she already has the A standard and I'm sure the selectors would have chosen her regardless.
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

This is giant f*ck up.

Euro Juniors should have been the focus for the year not the WC's.

Comment

Can anyone explain for me what it means to "picking up a niggle" Is that some sort of injuries??
        To me it looks like she is avoiding the cometition because she is not 100% shure she can win. I certainly hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by icerunner
          Can anyone explain for me what it means to "picking up a niggle" Is that some sort of injuries??
          To me it looks like she is avoiding the cometition because she is not 100% shure she can win. I certainly hope I am wrong.
          I'm not English but if i understand it correctly, a niggle is a slight discomfort, like a headache or a minor cold, nothing serious.

Comment

Lol, Aníta Hinriksdóttir is the favourite then and will be chasing another title. Unlikely Judd, she won't take part to the WC.

Comment

That is pitty because Judd is such a magnificient runner. Would love to have seen Judd/Hinriksdottir clash in the finals. They could both have PR'ed.

Comment

How is there a WUG, Euro U23, and Euro Juniors all in the same summer?

Comment

Originally posted by dustoff
                  How is there a WUG, Euro U23, and Euro Juniors all in the same summer?
                  +U18 WCs

Comment

Has anyone seen starting lists for day 1 anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                      This is giant f*ck up.

Euro Juniors should have been the focus [for Flumpy] for the year not the WC's.
                      Obviously she and her coach felt differently.

Comment

I'll have to ask the girls (16-18) on our summer basketball league if they would rather start and win a national high school championship or be selected to sit the bench and not play for the WNBA all-star game.

Nearest comparison I can come to passing on winning a Youth/Junior championship or going to the worlds and watching the final from the sidelines.

This depends on if Judd is in the top 12 of 800 runners and stands a chance to be in the final?

Comment

Originally posted by Rothosen
                          I'll have to ask the girls (16-18) on our summer basketball league if they would rather start and win a national high school championship or be selected to sit the bench and not play for the WNBA all-star game.

Nearest comparison I can come to passing on winning a Youth/Junior championship or going to the worlds and watching the final from the sidelines.

This depends on if Judd is in the top 12 of 800 runners and stands a chance to be in the final?
                          LOL! A youth championship don't mean shit! At best its a tall-assed meaningless trophy that clutters a room. I can see you feeling all Milton-y, but "better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven" doesn't apply on such a ridiculously insignificant level like Age-group/Youth/Juniors.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothosen

The correct comparison is tryout with a good chance of making the best high school basketball team or tryout with a chance, slim as it is, of making the WNBA. I don't know what the correct answer is but I'd wondered about the competitive desires of a superior athlete who would want to settle for playing against inferior athletes.

Comment

Can't the athlete have preferences that are different than the posters, and shouldn't the posters respect those preferences rather than making strong statements about what the athlete 'should' do?

Comment

Working...
                              X