Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ¶Monaco (Herculis) DL- W 200m: Ahouré 22.24 NR

Ahoure just SCREAMED the start and curve!!
    That is a MAJOR step forward for Tiffany Townsend. Note the negative wind reading and very slow reaction time, too.

BTW, my ISP let me down big time today -- no internet service during the meet at all. I watched it on Universal Sports. Upside: with a DVR you can pause, go back and re-view, etc., also getting far enough behind the live stream to be able to fast-forward through the ads. OTOH, with streaming you get to see what's happening during the ads. My preference is to watch the streaming, then go back and watch the DVR'd TV version. My plan today was to watch it on Russian TV, but that was out the window, too.

Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank
      Ahoure just SCREAMED the start and curve!!
      That is a MAJOR step forward for Tiffany Townsend. Note the negative wind reading and very slow reaction time, too.

BTW, my ISP let me down big time today -- no internet service during the meet at all. I watched it on Universal Sports. Upside: with a DVR you can pause, go back and re-view, etc., also getting far enough behind the live stream to be able to fast-forward through the ads. OTOH, with streaming you get to see what's happening during the ads. My preference is to watch the streaming, then go back and watch the DVR'd TV version. My plan today was to watch it on Russian TV, but that was out the window, too.

Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      Woodland, CA, USA
      Duncan did her best Spearmon imitation. She was out of the race after 10 meters.

Comment

Kim has been finding her feet since coming across to Europe and this is her best race. Her start wasn't great but in comparison to a 6.99 60m athlete in Ahoure, it's never going to be. She was led off the bend in Des Moines bt Felix, also a slower starter.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out in Moscow. How much will she sharpen up? How much slower will the doublers Ahoure, SAFP and Okagbare be? What can Felix bring?

Comment

Originally posted by booond
          Duncan did her best Spearmon imitation. She was out of the race after 10 meters.
          I would be willing to guess (bet?) that at 10m she was barely behind her 21.x from the Trials/USATF. To think that she is out of any 200 where she is still on her feet is probably a mistake. Wait a few more weeks and see if she recovers from multiple prior peaks followed by heavy training.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
            Originally posted by booond
            I would be willing to guess (bet?) that at 10m she was barely behind her 21.x from the Trials/USATF. To think that she is out of any 200 where she is still on her feet is probably a mistake. Wait a few more weeks and see if she recovers from multiple prior peaks followed by heavy training.
            Of course in a few more weeks it's possible there's a different scenario but in this race she lost a large amount of ground coming off the turn and didn't have the extra gear to run the leaders down. My guess is long season and, your theory of heavy training is also plausible. I wasn't making a career assessment, it was a race assessment.

Comment

Working...
            X