Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶Monaco DL: m1500—Kiprop WL 3:27.72, Farah 3:28.81 NR

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ¶Monaco DL: m1500—Kiprop WL 3:27.72, Farah 3:28.81 NR

    Kiprop 3:27.72
    Farah 3:28.81
    Ndiku 3:29.50 :shock:

  • #2
    Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

    I thought the pace was crazy but Kiprop kept going! Great race and it wasn't even a MR. Farah unbelievable?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

      Is this 1999, or did they borrow the Rieti track?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

        That was VERY impressive. I can't see anyone touching Kiprop in Moscow.

        OTOH, Manzano was disappointing. Any story there?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

          I thought for a second Kiprop was going for the WR... incredible race.

          Steve Cram sounded devastated.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

            Originally posted by tandfman
            That was VERY impressive. I can't see anyone touching Kiprop in Moscow.

            OTOH, Manzano was disappointing. Any story there?
            it will be a different race there because it is definitely not going to be a sub 330 without a rabbit, maybe 333-335 range

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

              Is there a link for Monaco?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

                Farah needs to do an all out 5000m and take a WR shot.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

                  Originally posted by tandfman
                  That was VERY impressive. I can't see anyone touching Kiprop in Moscow.
                  Especially with Makhloufi out. Slower races are a different bucket of crabs, mind...

                  Full results:

                  1 KIPROP Asbel KEN 30 JUN 1989 1-13 3:27.72 WL
                  2 FARAH Mo GBR 23 MAR 1983 1-11 3:28.81 AR
                  3 NDIKU Caleb Mwangangi KEN 9 OCT 1992 1-1 3:29.50 PB
                  4 BIRGEN Bethwell KEN 6 AUG 1988 1-3 3:30.77 PB
                  5 ÖZBILEN Ilham Tanui TUR 5 MAR 1990 1-9 3:31.30 PB
                  6 CHEBOI Collins KEN 25 SEP 1987 1-2 3:31.53 PB
                  7 TAHRI Bouabdellah FRA 20 DEC 1978 1-8 3:32.73 PB
                  8 CENTROWITZ Matthew USA 18 OCT 1989 1-4 3:33.58 SB
                  9 CARVALHO Florian FRA 9 MAR 1989 1-12 3:33.59
                  10 SYMMONDS Nick USA 30 DEC 1983 1-7 3:34.55 PB
                  11 DENISSEL Simon FRA 22 MAY 1990 1-6 3:37.73
                  12 DRIOUCH Hamza QAT 16 NOV 1994 1-5 3:39.13 SB
                  13 MANZANO Leonel USA 12 SEP 1984 1-10 3:44.59
                      MAGUT James Kiplagat (PM) KEN 20 JUL 1990 1-14 DNF
                      ROTICH Andrew Kiptoo (PM) KEN 1987 1-15 DNF

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

                    Originally posted by tandfman
                    That was VERY impressive. I can't see anyone touching Kiprop in Moscow.

                    OTOH, Manzano was disappointing. Any story there?
                    This is par for the course with him. Up and down. Good when he absolutely needs to be.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

                      Farah moves up to #5 on the all time 1500m list. He's "only" #30 on the 5000m list.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

                        Originally posted by lonewolf
                        Is there a link for Monaco?
                        http://www.bestsportgo.tv/20130718/vv-6 ... 61618.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

                          Originally posted by LopenUupunut
                          Originally posted by tandfman
                          That was VERY impressive. I can't see anyone touching Kiprop in Moscow.
                          Especially with Makhloufi out. Slower races are a different bucket of crabs, mind...

                          Full results:

                          1 KIPROP Asbel KEN 30 JUN 1989 1-13 3:27.72 WL
                          2 FARAH Mo GBR 23 MAR 1983 1-11 3:28.81 AR
                          3 NDIKU Caleb Mwangangi KEN 9 OCT 1992 1-1 3:29.50 PB
                          4 BIRGEN Bethwell KEN 6 AUG 1988 1-3 3:30.77 PB
                          5 ÖZBILEN Ilham Tanui TUR 5 MAR 1990 1-9 3:31.30 PB
                          6 CHEBOI Collins KEN 25 SEP 1987 1-2 3:31.53 PB
                          7 TAHRI Bouabdellah FRA 20 DEC 1978 1-8 3:32.73 PB
                          8 CENTROWITZ Matthew USA 18 OCT 1989 1-4 3:33.58 SB
                          9 CARVALHO Florian FRA 9 MAR 1989 1-12 3:33.59
                          10 SYMMONDS Nick USA 30 DEC 1983 1-7 3:34.55 PB
                          11 DENISSEL Simon FRA 22 MAY 1990 1-6 3:37.73
                          12 DRIOUCH Hamza QAT 16 NOV 1994 1-5 3:39.13 SB
                          13 MANZANO Leonel USA 12 SEP 1984 1-10 3:44.59
                              MAGUT James Kiplagat (PM) KEN 20 JUL 1990 1-14 DNF
                              ROTICH Andrew Kiptoo (PM) KEN 1987 1-15 DNF
                          Looky there - good ole Nick runs a PB - and not a bad one at that

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

                            Originally posted by kuha
                            Is this 1999, or did they borrow the Rieti track?
                            Niiiiice! :wink:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Monaco (Herculis) m1500 (Kiprop 3:27.72; Farah 3:28.81 A

                              Originally posted by tgs3
                              Farah moves up to #5 on the all time 1500m list. He's "only" #30 on the 5000m list.
                              I guess Farah is in pretty reasonable shape for doing well in Moscow

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X