Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Robison...off form.

Did anyone else notice buried in the Western Regional 1500m result was Grant Robison finishing more than five seconds behind the winner (Another Robison, Nathan of BYU) in 3:50.00? He had a 3:46.38 qualifying round and then finished, I believe 7th in the final.

Can anyone give us a status report on Grant?

Re: Grant Robison...off form.

Correction, he was 10th in the final, not 7th.

Comment

He must be injured. There is no other explanation. You don't go from America's top 1500 meter runner to a 3:50+ guy in 9 months unless there is something physically wrong. Remember, Robison ran a 3:35.48 in Europe last summer.
      Well, at least Webb has filled in Robison's shoes as America's top 1500 meter runner.

Berryhill and Robison slump may change the entire outlook at the US 1500 meter trials. A year ago both these runners looked like sure things to make the US team.
      Lunn and Stember have also been off form. However, Gruber has looked pretty good.

It is going to be an interesting Olympic trials. Could it become the Alan Webb show.

Comment

There is one other explanation -- but we won't know if it applies until we see what happens @ NCAAs -- Robison only had to compete at the West Region to move on to Austin, so maybe the idea was just to finish the race somewhat respectably -- he will make it into nationals with his 3:41 from a few weeks back.

Comment

15mph: Weather the storm instead of swaying with the breeze.

Comment

Robison told me yesterday that his workouts have been going extremely well, but that a foot injury continues to bother him.

"I had no business being in that [regional] race on Saturday."

But he had to run in order to qualify for NCAA's. He was also well aware that he has the Olympic A standard in his pocket and so being ready at the Trials is also in his mind.

Comment

DL: Which national event is of the greater importance? NCAA or USATF? We circle around and around with this! I need to take off my training wheels!

Comment

Working...
              X