Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bekele's brother Tariku races 3k today - Predict his result!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bekele's brother Tariku races 3k today - Predict his result!

http://www.memorialprimonebiolo.org/HomePageEng.asp

Athlete Competition PB Nat. Card
    Abdallak Afringi Ali 3000 m M 7:59.57 ERI
    Battocletti Giuliano 3000 m M 7:52.48 ITA
    Bekele Tariku 3000 m M ETH
    De Nard Gabriele 3000 m M ITA
    Di Pardo Luciano 3000 m M 7:53.02 ITA
    Geemi Richard 3000 m M 7:46.03 KEN
    Kibet Philemon 3000 m M 7:56.25 KEN
    Kilel David 3000 m M 7:42.49 KEN
    Kipgnetich Robert Sigei 3000 m M 7:43.09i KEN
    Kiprop Boniface 3000 m M 7:47.16 UGA
    Kiprop Simon 3000 m M 7:57.77 KEN
    Kirui Eliud 3000 m M 7:43.45 KEN
    Kosgei Joseph 3000 m M 7:39.38 KEN
    Lincoln Daniel 3000 m M 7:40.17i USA
    Muli Pius 3000 m M 7:40.82 KEN

03/06/2004
    INTERVIEW WITH TARIKU BEKELE

Tariku Bekele is the younger brother of Kenenisa, the 22 years old runner recently record man on the 5.000m. He is a very very shy guy, with the face of someone who is not used to stay out of home. His manager confirms that this is the second time he competes out of Africa, and the first time in Europe. Tariku speaks a good English but his interview is mostly a confession with the interpreter. Tariku is 17 years old and he runs fast enough to be fourth at the national senior championships on the 5.000m in 14’40”. Sometimes he trains with his brother who tells him some secrets about how to manage a race and how to get the best result with the slightest physical effort. He hopes to reach the levels of Kenenisa but when we ask who is better between his brother and Gebresellassie he just says that they are both great. But Kenenisa is younger… Tariku Bekele will run the 3.000 tomorrow in Torino and we are sure he won’t be shy while running..

------
    Predict what Tariku Bekele does. I predict a time in the 7:40's, not sure what place it will be though. What is your thoughts?

Re: Bekele's brother Tariku races 3k today - Predict his res

My thought is that if his brother taught him "how to get the best result with the slightest physical effort" he's in for a long day at the races.

Comment

If he's currently a 14:40 5K guy, I highly doubt that he will run a 3000 in the 7:40s. In fact, I'd say it's impossible.

Comment

>If he's currently a 14:40 5K guy, I highly doubt that he will run a 3000 in the
        >7:40s. In fact, I'd say it's impossible.

I'd say it's impossible to become 4th at the ethiopian senior champs at 14.40. I must be some kind of wrongtype...That time would just about be enough among the ladies race!

Comment

the 14.40 5k may have been at a very high altitude. if he was 4th running against the seniors geb, sihine and his brother, i guess in the 7.30;s is possible note i am an admitted optimist always hoping for fast times.

Comment

In the story in the next issue w/ the post-race interview of Bekele after his WR he says he thinks maybe the kid will be able to beat his times.

Comment

2003 World Youth Championships 3,000m: Silver medalist: Tariku Bekele ETH 7.54,71

Click on Bekele link in the 3,000m and you will find his PB (listed as season-best).

Comment

7:45. I cheated!

http://www.memorialprimonebiolo.org/Results.asp

Not bad for "17." Heck, that's good at any age!

Comment

could we be looking at the next alan webb?

Comment

Ouch... I don:t think anyone outside of North America will consider Tariku Bekele "the next Alan Webb". I don:t believe he will be the next anybody but himself. Imagine if fans in Africa or here in EU asked, "Is he going to be the next Kenenisa Bekele?". That sounds ridiculous.

Comment

it was a 'joke' !

Comment

Working...
                      X