Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallace Spearmon

...is a very promising young sprinter, 20.35 this year, born 1985.

There was another sprinting Wallace Spearmon, born 1962, who ran 10.19/10.14w/20.27/20.20w in 1987. Probably just a coincidence of course, but that's not a common name - are they related?

Re: Wallace Spearmon

since this one is a "Jr." I would say so

it's his son

Comment

>since this one is a "Jr." I would say so

it's his son

I hadn't seen him with the 'jr' - that would be a good clue indeed! Thanks for the reply.

So the obvious next question - who are the fastest father/son pair? Wallace jr has only run 10.38 for 100m so far, though I'm sure he'll go faster.

10.19 + 10.38 = 20.57 total
      20.27 + 20.35 = 40.62 total

Comment

Am not sure about father son , but theres alot of kids who come from all-american sprint familys... Dominque Darden of Miami is the daughter of former Arizona St. sprinter Tony Darden.... Michelle Sanford & father James... Michelle Carter & father Michael... Stanley Floyd & daughter Ebonie.

Comment

this is not a world-class father-son but interesting nonetheless

lindy remigino, 1952 100m olympic gold medalist -- still lives nearby me, as far as i know.. his son michael remigino holds the state H.S. record of 1:49.95 in the 800m (1987), and i believe had the JO intermediate youth record of 1:53.37 for quite awhile.

i think Michael went on to Georgetown but I don't know about anything of his college track career.

Comment

I remember he ran a great 20"24 or 20"27 in
            the Karlsruhe Meeting in the mid-eighties,
            in West-Germany.

Comment

Anyone know if Michael and Michelle Carter are the only father/child duo to hold concurrent national high school records in the same event (or in any events)?

Comment

Garry (or anyone) -- just noticed the T&FN web page lists the U.S. high school record in the women's shot as 53-7.75 by Natalie Kaaiawahia of Fullerton in 1983. According to the Texas media guide, Carter set the record with a throw of 54-10.75 at the 2003 Texas 4A state championships. Any reason for the apparent discrepency? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X