Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Rock goes 44.66

This was reported to me from Ken Ferguson, where a meet is taking place at Occidental College in which he is about to run in as well.

Andrew Rock recently graduated from Wisconsin-LaCrosse where he claimed the NCAA Division III title in the 400 meters.

Re: Andrew Rock goes 44.66

What meet? Any link?

Comment

This will probably bring howls, but what is the deal with all the fast (sub 45) white guys in the 400 in the US the last couple of seasons? Some cultural shift? Chance? The mainstream media will ignore it, some quarters will be rooting Rock and others like him of course. Just strange, after years of seeing only black guys running this fast in the US, and decades of brainwashed white kids not even trying.

Comment

44.66 would make him worldwide 4th so far this season after francique, banda, and williamson?

Comment

The meet is the Jim Bush Invite. Check "http://www.flashresults.com/flashwest"

Comment

>This was reported to me from Ken Ferguson, where a meet is taking place at
            >Occidental College in which he is about to run in as well.

Andrew Rock
            >recently graduated from Wisconsin-LaCrosse where he claimed the NCAA Division
            >III title in the 400 meters.

He won both the 400 and the 4x400 effortlessly. He definitely looked like a men amongst boys. So fluid, so smooth, it didn't look like he was moving all that fast, but out of lane 4 he was just eating people up.

Comment

Wariner's got the fastest time in the world I think at 44.50.

On edit Francique is at 44.47. Wariner 44.50. Williamson 44.51.

Comment

>44.66 would make him worldwide 4th so far this season after francique, banda, and williamson?<

5th. You omitted Wariner.

Comment

>Wariner's got the fastest time in the world I think at 44.50.

ah out of date iaaf results then..

Mark Wind Athlete Nat Birth Pos Venue Date
                  44.47 Alleyne Francique GRN 07 06 1976 1 Osaka 08 05 2004
                  44.58 Lewis Banda ZIM 16 09 1983 1 Tucson, AZ 15 05 2004
                  44.59 Darold Williamson USA 19 02 1983 1 Waco, TX 17 04 2004
                  44.59 Alleyne Francique 1 St George's 29 05 2004
                  44.74 Darold Williamson 1 Norman, OK 01 05 2004
                  44.80 Jeremy Wariner USA 31 01 1984 2 Waco, TX 17 04 2004

Comment

According to the meet results, he ran 45.23 and came in second. I do not see a 44.66 time for him anywhere. But, I still think he's a great talent.

Comment

Those are the entry lists, not the official results:

http://www.flashresults.com/flashwest/r ... Bush-m.htm

Comment

Ain't I ignorant.

Comment

re:
                          This will probably bring howls, but what is the deal with all the fast (sub 45) white guys in the 400 in the US the last couple of seasons? Some cultural shift? Chance? The mainstream media will ignore it, some quarters will be rooting Rock and others like him of course. Just strange, after years of seeing only black guys running this fast in the US, and decades of brainwashed white kids not even trying.

I notice looking at the year to year results for the US championship meet in the 400m that there hadn't been a white runner in the championship since 1980 until Tom Gerding (Minnesota) in 2001. Then Mike Kenyon in 2002, and Mitch Potter and Adam Steele (both Minnesota!) last year.
                          This year Jeremy Wariner and Andrew Rock are also possibilities, so things do seem to be changing....?

Comment

Probably the biggest buzz of the NCAA Midwest Regional was Wariner running a 43.7 leg in the 4x400 relay. And that's even ahead of Sanya Richards' world-leading 50.49 in the women's 400.

Right now, until I see something to convince me otherwise, Wariner is my favorite to take the gold in Athens. But there are a lot of things that can happen between now and then.

Having seen him race on multiple occasions, I don't think there's any chance whatsoever that he will get rattled into a bad performance.

(Corrected my post, again!)

Comment

Told you guys that Oxy track was perfect for fast 400's...

W I D E turns...

Comment

Working...
                              X