Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California H.S. Champs Results!

Wow!! Just saw the results of the 110mHH - Kevin Craddock runs 13.39, wind legal! The kid from Skyline also ran a legal 10.34 100m for the second day in a row.

"http://www.sml1.com/recordtiming//cif2004/"

Re: California H.S. Champs Results!

Craddock certainly seems to be the real deal. In addition to the 13.39, he ran 35.93 in the 300H.

Comment

Good for him. An age-best athlete who has panned out! Also impressive about Craddock is his sub-14 over the regular highs.

Comment

I just returned from the California state meet. What a meet. Kevin's wins in the hurdles were spectacular. He reminds me of another Kevin (Young). This kid still has one more year of high school. Amazing.

Comment

Are the slow distance times reflective of what may happen at OT if weather conditions are also as warm?

Comment

At the Great Southwest, Jason Richardson ran 13.38...some pretty awesome times!

Comment

>Are the slow distance times reflective of what may happen at OT if weather
              >conditions are also as warm?

The girls 1600 had 8 under 5:00.

Comment

The girls had [email protected] and ran tough. Cyril:s wunderkind placed 2nd in the boys race... great season. A couple weeks back there was discussion about sitting and kicking...make the boys 1,600m the 2nd-slowest in the last 40-50 years (along with Roman Gomez 4.15 in 1985).

Comment

Craddock is a monster. He is probably at least 6-3, maybe taller. Built a little like Kevin Garnett, but not so tall. He dosen't get great starts, but at this level, it doesn't matter. And he can learn. His best event probably will be the 400H. The Young comparison is valid.

O'Neal is about the same build as Craddock. In the final, he damn near fell (exageration) out of the blocks, but, again, it didn't matter. Bad news, he's going to Fla St as a wide receiver. Sayanara track.

In the girls 1600, Follmar was in 8th at 400, moved up to about 5th at 800, and got up to the lead pack at 1200. I kept thinking, they better put the hammer down, or she will kick their butts. They didn't, she did. Then I looked at my watch. 2nd was 4:47.17. Some dwaddle! The temp at race time was c90, which may have affected the boy's 1600. On my way home, the temp reading in my car was still 89, but I don't think that is very accurate. But it was still hot for the 3200s. Yes, the trials may well be hot. If you don't have the Oly A going in, probably won't have it coming out. But it's a dry heat. Wind chill 97. LOL.

In the girl's sprints, Jasmin Baldwin dusted Solomon in the 100 and eked out a close win in the 200. Maybe the best race of the day. Baldwin is tall and lanky, looks more like a 200 runner. Don't know if she has tried 400.

4 50' TJs, by 2 jumpers. All windy. In the LJ and TJ, they used one runway, with pits at either end. Girls got the wind in LJ, boys in TJ.

Logan (Union City) has 4 of their 5 scorers back, so they will be a factor again next year (4 wins, 1 3rd). The Logan girls flipped out 50 pts (wins 9 meets since '90), and lost by 30! LB Poly didn't come close to a perfect meet, but they are so strong, in so many events. They even got a 4th in the SP.

Maybe not a classic state meet, but a pretty good one.

Comment

"O'Neal is about the same build as Craddock. In the final, he damn near fell (exageration) out of the blocks, but, again, it didn't matter. Bad news, he's going to Fla St as a wide receiver. Sayanara track."
                    He might come back to track. My son went to high school with him (soccer player, never raced Kenny though). He's definately not as good a football player as he is a track runner. He's a track guy who plays football.

Comment

Craddock and O'Neil are not near the same build. I have seen both run several times over the past two years. O'Neil is much shorter and muscular while Craddock is tall and much thinner. As I said, Craddock is more like Kevin Young; tall, lanky, and a very smooth runner (fluid). O'Neil is a power runner and not nearly as fluid as Craddock. I think Craddock is the one with the great track future...if he stays healthy and focused. I can see him running under 13.15 next year.

Comment

>The girls had [email protected] and ran tough. Cyril:s wunderkind placed 2nd in the boys
                        >race... great season. A couple weeks back there was discussion about sitting
                        >and kicking...make the boys 1,600m the 2nd-slowest in the last 40-50 years
                        >(along with Roman Gomez 4.15 in 1985).

Unfortunatly Bethke was sick - a cold. He's got very nice finishing speed (ran 57 in his 4:09) but apparently not when he's ill. He was only able to manage a 16.1 for the final straight in, as you mentioned, a "walker" of a race. He beat Matusak (the winner) soundly a few weeks back in a 4:11 to 4:13 opening it up the last 4 - 57 sec. Obviously not the same kid that ran the 4:09 two weeks ago and followed that with a 9:13.

His 4:09 this year was 11 sec. better than last year. So, all and all not a bad season - but he's not yet done for the year, and he's only an 11th grader so he'll return next year.

BTW - I have info. because he lives in my neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
                        X