Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news about Walter DIX ?...

Among the top-3 US sprinters, behind Tyson, these last years, I wonder if he is in good shape
    enough for a great 2014 season...( He seems to be forgotten on this forum!)

Re: Any news about Walter DIX ?...

Until Dix gets in the mix & is up to his old tricks, then Dix will be nixed as a MB subject! :lol:

Comment

He's back racing with a 55m race in Florida.

Comment

200m American record this year.... said so nonchalant.

Comment

Ran 6.67 / 20.41 over the weekend at Daytona Beach (I assume an outdoor meet).
          Licensed to Elite Timing & Event Management - Contractor License HY-TEK's Meet Manager Embry Riddle Last Chance - 2/20/2015 to 2/21/2015 Embry Riddle Results Event 1 Women 4x800 Meter Relay ================================================================================ School Seed Finals Points ================================================================================ Finals 1 Embry-Riddle 'A' 9:24.20 9:47.85 10 1) Bell, Alana FR 2) Levine, Marina SO 3) Tafoya, Martina SO […]

Comment

If it is a Last Chance meet, I cannot see how it would be an outdoor meet, as that would not count for any 'last chance' at qualifying.

Comment

That's what I thought as well, but from what I found, all previous years of the ERAU (part of NAIA) Last chance have been outdoors and they have hosted meets earlier this year on their outdoor track but running indoor events (60, 600, 1k etc.) And it does not seem that they have an indoor facility.

are NAIA qualifications different than NCAA?

Comment

NAIA folks can qualify for their championships using indoor or outdoor in-season marks. Walter's 20.41 (nwi) was on a 400 meter Mondo outdoor track - they threw the javelin at the meet. But back to the purpose of my original post... I'll take any 20.41 from Walter in mid-February - that's a reasonably good sign that he's relatively healthy - and wish him well this outdoor season.

Comment

Clearly, you need to make substantial adjustments to a 200m mark made on an outdoor track for it to be comparable. If they do not do that than the procedure is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                    Clearly, you need to make substantial adjustments to a 200m mark made on an outdoor track for it to be comparable. If they do not do that than the procedure is stupid.
                    NAIA uses the NCAA DII track size conversions, and the marks on the qualifying lists on TFRRS are the converted times which are used for qualifying and rankings. (Converted times for track size are designated with a # sign after the mark, and converted times for altitude are designated with the @ sign.) As an example, in the case of 200m marks from the Embry Riddle outdoor meets in Florida (and any other meets at venues with a 400m track), 0.4 sec has been added to the original marks to convert to the indoor qualifying time on TFRRS, to adjust for track size.

Comment

Yesterday at the Tom Jones Memorial, Dix ran 10.17 in the 100m and 21.16 in the 200m.

Comment

Working...
                      X