• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling all pundits: [EDIT: GUH NEVERMIND, BOLT IS OUT]

Bolt in the 200 tomorrow in Ostrava.

Time and Position please?

20.15, 2nd

Re: calling all pundits: predict Bolt's performance!

3rd, 20.04.

Comment

From the way he's been praised here of late, I'll say 18.45 (into a 3.0 headwind).

Comment

>From the way he's been praised here of late, I'll say 18.45 (into a 3.0
        >headwind).

okay, remedy this joke post with an actual prediction!

Comment

Based upon the start list (IAAF site), ycn's prediction is not out of line. Gatlin, Crawford, Fredericks and Buckland is good competition for Bolt. Urbas, with proximity to home cookin' may be a factor.

Okay, Bolt 19.97, losing to Gatlin 19.94. I have no idea what weather will be like in Ostrava in early June.

Comment

Tuesday: Cloudy. 24°C high | 14°C low

Comment

I don't think he's fully ready for prime-time, but he should win here - let's say - 20.05. Gatlin second in 20.12. Gatlin reverses this order in Athens.

Comment

Has it not been a few weeks since Bolt last raced? Expect anywhere from 20,30 to 20,57.

Comment

From the way he's been praised here of late, I'll say 18.45 (into a 3.0
                  >headwind).

okay, remedy this joke post with an actual prediction

I'm sorry--but after the public humiliation I've had to endure due to my disbelief in the second coming of Saint Webb, I've gone through an intense week of therapy. My whole life is being turned around. I'm making the supreme effort of going from a sour pessimist (what I used to call a "realist") to a sunny optimist (my new Stepford-brand "realism.") I've decided that if I'm going to be wrong about anyone, I'd rather err on the positive, rather than the negative, side. %-)

Comment

Comment

>Okay, Bolt 19.97,
                      >, losing to Gatlin 19.94.

After 2003 went the whole season with no guys running sub-20, I doubt that two will go sub-20 in the same race.

Anyway, my prediction is 20.07 - 1st.

This kid never fails to surprise me (and only gets praised a fraction as much as Webb does on here! Whereas Webb has a fraction of the talent that Bolt has! I digress...).

Crawford 2nd, Gatlin 3rd, Frankie 4th.

Comment

20.15 1st, I believe I will be unwell tomorrow and will have to stay home to rest, dammned metformin.
                        I hope my cable does not go on the blink like recently, I'd be most upset.
                        why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

I'd be surprised if he beats the likes of Gatlin or Crawford, 3rd.
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

DC,
                            You guys are getting the meet in Jamacia? I know we live in a cultural wasteland, but that kinda sticks it to us.

Comment

SportsMax is showing several of the GP meets live, so far they've shown Hengelo and Seville, they were showing repeats of Hengelo yesterday. Because they are new and don't own a lot of content yet, they tend to repeat what they do show quite a bit. Works well for me so far. You even get quite a bit of T&F during the off season.
                              OK, I'll stop gloating now, I may get punished with loss of service like during Seville.
                              why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X