X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DentyCracker
    replied
    Re: calling all pundits: [EDIT: GUH NEVERMIND, BOLT IS OUT]

Anything is possible, and if this is proved true at any time that I think will be my cue to find another favourite sport. I have been watching the boy for some time now and it would be really unconscionable if they were giving drugs to one so young. Personally I believe he is as clean as a whistle.

Leave a comment:

• lilwayne1814
    replied

BASEHEAD617:
    I am a man and can admit to when I am wrong. In this instance you are right and I apologize. In regards to 'suspect' I heard from a source that he may be juicing and 'nothing' has been proven. I dislike very much when people accuse an athlete of drug-use when they have not failed a test, i.e. Flo-Jo and Marion. I was hypocritical in my posting and would like to retract that portion. I hope Bolt all the success in the world and will continue to follow him.

Leave a comment:

• basehead617
    replied

>I am impressed with a couple of his (Bolt's) times but I am not yet convinced
    >that he is legit. He never shows up for the big meets and has only run a couple
    >of relay legs at the ones he's participated in. I wonder is he being saved for
    >huge news at the Olympics or is there something underlying in his talent that
    >is suspect. Just wondering outloud...hmmmmmmm

care to elaborate on 'suspect'? he's 17, how many big meets could he possibly have missed so far? he had a training injury awhile ago and he and his handlers are probably being very cautious.. as i would be.

Leave a comment:

• lilwayne1814
    replied

I am impressed with a couple of his (Bolt's) times but I am not yet convinced that he is legit. He never shows up for the big meets and has only run a couple of relay legs at the ones he's participated in. I wonder is he being saved for huge news at the Olympics or is there something underlying in his talent that is suspect. Just wondering outloud...hmmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• FORTISDON
    replied

< Justin was a bit disappointing. Don't forget two years ago he ran 20.18 into a 2.9 mps wind.>

Two years ago he was peaking for the NCAA final and was near if not at 100 per cent fitness when he ran the time. Of course there was also the small matter of that development that caused him to be barred from international competition that year. Who knows how much that might have affected his performance.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

I also doubt some of the wind readings last night after what the commentators were saying. They kept saying things like "I don't know where all these wind readings are from because the trees and flags are absolutely still". Interesting that it was only the early races that had strong negative wind readings. The later ones were all around 0.0

If Torri ran 11.3 into a -2 wind in her heat, then she should have been running 11.1's in the final. Same goes for LCR, who ran 11.18, also into a negative wind. The final had around 0.0m/s wind, so if the readings from the heats were to be believed then they should have been running 11.1's in the final.

20.3 for Gatlin on this track is a good time - this track is more conducive for distance events (Kenny's 26:20, Shaheen's 12:48, Webb's 3:32, etc...).

Leave a comment:

• ffanin
    replied

I think Justin was a bit disappointing in Ostrava.
    Don't forget two years ago he ran 20.18 into a 2.9 wind (NCAA final in Baton Rouge).

Leave a comment:

• DentyCracker
    replied

Loved the finish on Gatlin. Nice low arm drive kept his stride long while Crawford was shortening badly. Crawford looks more built than I remember him. Time here is immaterial, these guys will run faster as the year goes along. Jamaican 200m men at trials should be interesting even if Bolt isn't ready (I hope he is of course). With Powell 20.10 and Mullings 20.27 esp. with Mullings being used to beating Powell, should make for some explosive racing.

Leave a comment:

• mike renfro
    replied

sums have -2.6 big disappointment.

Leave a comment:

• Grazerism
    replied

Gatlin slow out of the blocks, Crawford way ahead, Gatlin caught him. Announcer said wind
    -2.9 mps.

Leave a comment:

• basehead617
    replied

>so it was
    1 GATLIN, Justin USA 20.30
    2 CRAWFORD, Shawn USA 20.35

pretty slow.. any wind? they just announced a zero wind for the womens 100m

crawford was probably expecting better

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

so it was
    1 GATLIN, Justin USA 20.30
    2 CRAWFORD, Shawn USA 20.35

Leave a comment:

• FORTISDON
    replied

In the absence of Bolt I am expecting Shawn Crawford to win the event. A very underrated sprinter he looks much smoother this year and should handle Gatlin who needs to live up to his hype. Projected time 20.15s

Leave a comment:

• DentyCracker
    replied
    Re: calling all pundits: predict Bolt's performance!

I am beginning to get worried, this seems a bit too much like what happened to Quarrie in 1968 (except that Quarrie wasn't sub 20 then, and not expected to do as well as Bolt is expected to). I just hope that he hasn't done any serious damage. It is getting a bit worrying that everytime he is to run with the big boys something stops him from doing so.

Leave a comment:

• basehead617
    replied
    Re: calling all pundits: predict Bolt's performance!

gatlin's PB is 0.1 behind crawford and gatlin hasnt looked super sharp so far. i dont think he's a sure thing at all. crawford's pb is the fairly recent past and he nearly ran sub 20 last july along with JG close behind .. gatlin will have to kick it up a notch from what i've seen so far (which is perfectly feasible)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X