Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not track. It's down to the final game...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not track. It's down to the final game...

...anyone going to watch? One team from the US full of Canucks against a team from Canada full of Canucks. Sentimental favourite-Tampa-40 year old Dave Andreychuck plays for them. You're from down there tafnut-anyone care?

Re: Not track. It's down to the final game...

I can't handle the stress. I'm flipping out. The streets are getting quiet again. Don's wearing a blue and white suit. Enjoy the game.

Comment

I forgot to say: Calgary all the way.

Comment

Tampa all the way. I live here and it's been crazy all day downtown around the Forum.

Comment

>Don's wearing a blue and white suit.

Could be his last game. That would be a loss. Paraphrasing one of the many lines that got him in trouble-"Only the french-Canadians and the Europeans wear visors". No offence to our Euro contributors and non PC maybe but generally accurate:

"Curtis Unfried told CBC Newsworld on Wednesday that his investigation of data showed 59 per cent of European players wear visors, followed by 55 per cent of French-Canadian players.

Among North American players born outside of Quebec, only 20 per cent wear face shields to guard against injury.

"At the end of the day, when you boil it down to [Cherry's] one particular sound bite… the numbers speak for themselves and clearly show what he did say is correct," Unfried said."

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/02/11/morecherry040211

Comment

>Tampa all the way. I live here and it's been crazy all day downtown around the
            >Forum.

They are completely insane in Calgary apparently-crazier even than the big Edmonton days.

Comment

It's hockey season? Seriously, I had no idea.

Comment

Is hockey an ice sport? Florida ain't got none.

Comment

>Is hockey an ice sport? Florida ain't got none.

Most of the teams that play in the Forum would agree with that statement. The condition of the ice actually enters into the game as a factor.

Comment

Hydrofoil hockey. What a concept.

Comment

It's a shame that more people don't pay attention to Hockey. As for me, I'm watching the game. I don't really have a favorite out of these to teams(I'm a pens fan...even when they are horrible...), but I find myself rooting for Tampa Bay because I want Andreychuck to win a championship and it looks like he might finally get it...2-0 TB.
                      http://www.ScienceofRunning.com

Comment

I follow hockey, as long as a team I like is in the playoffs. I even occasionally check in on that team during the regular season.

Hockey is the antithesis of track and field, of home ice advantage and friendly refs.

Imagine, if you will, a world 1500 meter record set on a track 390 meters long. That's ALL about hockey. We have a lot of friendly and cuddly players who graduated from junior high right into the developmental leagues, where young impressionable people from Yellowknife to Butte get to play a sport where they can commit felonies several times a season that are condoned because of the passion of the game. Let's face it, if you or me had to spend 60-120 consecutive seconds on the ice in a close game or game we were losing, we would have the right to commit felonies too, considering how stressful that kind of situation is.

I have a lot I like about hockey, and a lot that I hate intensely. Hockey afficionados say that we have no idea what kinds of pressures are involved in that game. Tell that to the next person with 3 kids facing eviction because his corporation went down for stealing from grandmothers.

I don't want to hear about grand team sports. I don't want to hear about sports that promote the production of professional stars who can barely read or write. Yeah, I like a lot about hockey. But for anyone, Canadian or Swedish or Russian or USA American to call it a grand sport, they need to put their reality caps on.

Enjoy the non-existent next year in hockey, which isn't going to happen. Players who can't put a five word sentence together or balance a checkbook made by Skool are wondering why their 7 million dollar salaries are going away. The principal thing we should be concerned about is why these people think they deserve to be paid far more than the average head of state.

Personally, I can't wait until Yellowknife faces Butte in the Stanley Cup finals. It will be fun to know that I am one of several hundred people who will actually follow the finals to their conclusion.

Or maybe I won't. Depends on whether or not the tape-delay of the synchronized swimming trials are on that night or not.

Comment

aa

Comment

I'll drop a little blood in "your" bottle.

I'm sure you won't whaa.

Comment

aa

Comment

Working...
                              X