Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

    Pole size and box depth and all that aside (for the moment!), this should qualify as the new INdoor HSR.

    Even though the indoor season is over, a few events are held indoors well into the summer, as in the case of Mall Vaults and SP's!
    If Desiree were to vault 15-0 in a Mall Vault a couple of months from now, it should qualify as the INdoor HSR!!

    While not involving a record, I believe various PR's have been acquired INdoors during post-(INdoor) season meets/events.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

      Originally posted by aaronk
      Pole size and box depth and all that aside (for the moment!), this should qualify as the new INdoor HSR.

      Even though the indoor season is over, a few events are held indoors well into the summer, as in the case of Mall Vaults and SP's!
      If Desiree were to vault 15-0 in a Mall Vault a couple of months from now, it should qualify as the INdoor HSR!!

      While not involving a record, I believe various PR's have been acquired INdoors during post-(INdoor) season meets/events.
      It will, if the facility is legal. The boys indoor record, prior to this year, was set in a summer meet at a club indoor facility.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

        2 questions for the 'record' book...

        1) Kaitlyn Merrit's 14-0.75 vault took place at a dual meet (Santa Margarita vs. St. John Bosco) - does that have any implications on whether it's considered an official HS junior-class record?

        2) When watching the Arcadia meet last week, they showed a few vaults, and I thought I remember seeing the girls vaulting on the infield, off a raised runway on top of the turf. Moot point here since no record was set, but had it been, would that have implications (in this example) on a HS junior-class record, or any sorta record for that matter?

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

          Originally posted by gktrack
          2 questions for the 'record' book...
          1) Kaitlyn Merrit's 14-0.75 vault took place at a dual meet (Santa Margarita vs. St. John Bosco) - does that have any implications on whether it's considered an official HS junior-class record?
          2) When watching the Arcadia meet last week, they showed a few vaults, and I thought I remember seeing the girls vaulting on the infield, off a raised runway on top of the turf. Moot point here since no record was set, but had it been, would that have implications (in this example) on a HS junior-class record, or any sorta record for that matter?
          Class records only exist if someone chooses them to exist. The National Federation (NFHS) only recognizes national records and they must be set in a state's post-season championships.

          T&FN recognizes all sorts of other records (class, age, etc.), which may be set in any venue that is deemed as 'fair', i.e., no artificial aid was present.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

            Originally posted by gktrack
            2 questions for the 'record' book...

            1) Kaitlyn Merrit's 14-0.75 vault took place at a dual meet (Santa Margarita vs. St. John Bosco) - does that have any implications on whether it's considered an official HS junior-class record?

            2) When watching the Arcadia meet last week, they showed a few vaults, and I thought I remember seeing the girls vaulting on the infield, off a raised runway on top of the turf. Moot point here since no record was set, but had it been, would that have implications (in this example) on a HS junior-class record, or any sorta record for that matter?
            T&FN will recognize marks from dual meets. Some other bodies do not, I don't think the NFHS would consider the mark.

            T&FN never had a problem with a raised runway as long as it seemed legal. A raised runway set up in some random location like a street vault may have issues with being downhill, but a raised runway on an infield is generally going to be fairly level.

            There used to be some weird wording in the USATF rule book prohibiting records set on wooden surfaces outdoors and I got that removed this past year

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

              Thanks for the responses...

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

                Originally posted by Marlow
                The National Federation (NFHS) only recognizes national records and they must be set in a state's post-season championships.
                I'm not sure that the part about NFHS records having to be set in a state's post season championships is correct unless something changed recently. Part of the NFHS requirements are that the athlete has to be representing his or her school and competing against other HS athletes who are representing their schools, and that the meet has to involve 5 or more schools (so dual meets don't count). (As a few examples, I think the Long Beach Poly girls' 44.50 4x1 from the Penn Relays, and Hayley Crouser's 181'2" javelin throw from an April relays meet in Oregon, are current NFHS national records.)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

                  Originally posted by Blues
                  Originally posted by Marlow
                  The National Federation (NFHS) only recognizes national records and they must be set in a state's post-season championships.
                  I'm not sure that the part about NFHS records having to be set in a state's post season championships is correct unless something changed recently. Part of the NFHS requirements are that the athlete has to be representing his or her school and competing against other HS athletes who are representing their schools, and that the meet has to involve 5 or more schools (so dual meets don't count).
                  You are correct, sir! As soon as I posted the above, I had doubts of my veracity, but was too lazy to look it up!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

                    National Federation Records may be set in any sanctioned meet that includes five or more schools and all competitors represent their high schools.

                    Unfortunately Merrit's mark last Wednesday was achieved in what amounted to be an inter-squad meet as Santa Margarita was meeting St. John Bosco, which is an all boys school and there was not a girls meet. By CIF rules, it is considered an "Exhibition" event where no score is kept and all marks and records are not recorded.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

                      Originally posted by halharkness
                      National Federation Records may be set in any sanctioned meet that includes five or more schools and all competitors represent their high schools.

                      Unfortunately Merrit's mark last Wednesday was achieved in what amounted to be an inter-squad meet as Santa Margarita was meeting St. John Bosco, which is an all boys school and there was not a girls meet. By CIF rules, it is considered an "Exhibition" event where no score is kept and all marks and records are not recorded.
                      Well, golly, I guess Kaitlyn will just have to vault 14-0.75 AGAIN, won't she??

                      Any doubts she will??

                      Nah, me neither!! :wink:

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

                        Ha! I knew she was too short.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Desiree Freier: HSR 14-6 [and AJR]

                          quite the sequence of heights; no muss, no fuss.

                          13-0, 13-9, 14-6, 14-9

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X