Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Track League 2014

G'Day All.

The first stop in the American Track League for 2014 is scheduled for this evening.

Does anyone know if there will be a link for live streaming ?
    And if so, can it be posted here, please. Thanks.

I think that this is a great initiative, but pity that it isn't so far slated to come to the 'true' MidWest, as I'd love to be involved.

Cheers,

Re: American Track League 2014

I don't think so, their tweet earlier today said
    We are excited about the meet tonight! To keep up with meet progress follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram! Use #americantrack!

Comment

It looks like Mark Hollis pole vaulted 5.71 in cold (52°) weather. Haven't seen any other results pop up on my Twitter feed.

Comment

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/livestats/c-t ... ackLeague/
        The 5.71 might have been the best mark of the night. Results here.

Comment

Nice little meet, just by looking at the results! Looking forward to the Houston edition in June.

Comment

Nice writeup in the local paper! http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/20 ... t/8647767/

Comment

That's quite a women's 800 finish-6 women within .72 sec! M. Uceny in sixth working on her speed.

Comment

Good mark by Rorey Hunter (AUS) of IU -- 3:40.36 is ~2.5 second PB (comparing w his mile PB of 4:00.97 from earlier this season), & puts him #3 on collegiate lists as of now.

In the w800, Selma Kajan & Katherine Katsanevakis (both AUS) each PB, behind Charlene Lipsey. Also, Diane Cummins (CAN,age 40) 2:02.70 is noteworthy -- I'm never entirely confident about veteran's all-time lists, but I think that is the 4th fastest ever, for age 40 & up.

Comment

If the NCAA is consistent at all, they will not accept collegiate marks from this meet, as it does not meet their current criteria for a collegiate competition.

#stillbitterthatthepolevaultsummitdoesntcount

Comment

^^Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about that matter.

Comment

Meet #2 just wrapped up: http://www.flashresults.com/2014_Meets/ ... /5-09-ATL/

Comment

Anyone with any inside information on the Austin edition of this meet. Info seems hard to come by. The only constants seem to be that Lolo almost always runs the 100 hurdles and Mark Jelks seems to always run the 100. It would be nice to know some basics like where the meet is being held?

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                          Originally there was a men's mile scheduled. Guess no one wanted to run ?

Comment

This baby's getting HOT!!

Two HUGE names---Ashton Eaton and Britney Reese---are scheduled to compete at the 4th ATL meet in Texas on Friday!!

Eaton will run his "new" event, the 400H, while Reese will attempt to not foul out in the LJ!!

While I can understand them wanting to help the ATL (and the sport in general) by competing there, to be honest, the meets aren't filled with top-notch competitors who can propel them to World Class marks!!

So is this just a "breather" from the "important" wars of the DL circuit?
                            Or an indication of how important the IDEA of the ATL is to T&F??

Hope he gets his first sub-50!!
                            And hope Reese gets her first 23 footer of 2014!!

Comment

Meet is in San Marcos, just down the road from Austin.

Comment

Working...
                              X