Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo's broken leg?

Did I sleep through that news? USA Today says he broke it two years ago in a motorcycle accident.

Re: Mo's broken leg?

Apparently he didn't say anything about it publicly until a few weeks ago.

Comment

well at least now people can shut up that the last two years he had just 'fallen off' competitively =)

Comment

I can't believe he broke it, sorry. You don't sustain that kind of injury and suddenly come back running sub-9.9 (wind or no wind). Plus, he *was* running over the past two years. What kind of coach makes you run (and vie for world championships) on a just-healed broken leg?

Seeing as how the media is always bang on with track stories, I suspect that's a bit of an stretch. He might have torn some tendons or ligaments, but not a broken leg.

Comment

oh quiet down. the point is he had an accident and f'ed up his leg and had trouble getting back to his old form. whether the description of the injuries is accurate or not is irrelevant.

we all see what he's doing now.. that's all that matters.

Comment

>oh quiet down. the point is he had an accident and f'ed up his leg and had
            >trouble getting back to his old form. whether the description of the injuries
            >is accurate or not is irrelevant.

You sound like you're arguing justfication for the Iraq invasion. "Something probably happened -- who CARES if it wasn't reported correctly!" LOL!

Comment

I guess it has been floating around for a while:

"It also emerged that Greene has finally admitted what he had previously denied – that his loss
              of form in recent seasons was partly due to the broken leg he suffered after a motorbike crash in 2002.
              He was hit by a car in Los Angeles and only discovered his injury when he drove himself
              to the hospital. His subsequent knee problem was the result of him
              returning to the track too soon."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... thspt.html

As far as the veracity of the story, isn't it possible that it could have been something like a stress fracture which some
              describe as a broken limb?

Comment

>I can't believe he broke it, sorry. You don't sustain that kind of injury and
                >suddenly come back running sub-9.9 (wind or no wind). Plus, he *was* running
                >over the past two years. What kind of coach makes you run (and vie for world
                >championships) on a just-healed broken leg?

Seeing as how the media is
                >always bang on with track stories, I suspect that's a bit of an stretch. He
                >might have torn some tendons or ligaments, but not a broken leg.

He would have a much easier time recovering from a non-displaced fractured bone than from torn ligaments and tendons. Could well explain the length of time it's taken him to regain his form.

Comment

>He was hit by a car in Los Angeles and only
                  >discovered his injury when he drove himself to the hospital. His subsequent
                  >knee problem was the result of him returning to the track too
                  >soon."

Still, doesn't sound *that* severe. I mean, if he can drive himself to the hospital and not know it was broken... Reporting he had a 'broken leg' just conjures images of being up in traction with a huge cast in a ski lodge somewhere.

Comment

>You sound like you're arguing justfication for the Iraq invasion.

Are you trying to make a political statement? Do you really want to open that can of worms?

Comment

He most likely had a non-displaced fibula fracture. This injury could be treated with a brace or removable cast and would heal in 10-12 weeks. The injury would interfer with training but there is no reason he shouldn't be able to fully recover. Leroy Burrel torn his ACL in 1986 and came back to run 9.94 in 1989 and a WR 9.85 in 1994.

Comment

Working...
                      X