Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Relays: Women's 4x400m

Originally posted by t_monk
    The only person I would expect to beat Novelene Williams Mills are Montsho and McCorory and I don't expect them to beat her by much if at all.
    Agreed

Comment

Great performance by Nigeria, especially by Regina George on the 2nd leg. She is proving to be a fantastic relay runner and continuing the tradition of Nigeria producing great quarter milers. Falilat Ogunkoya, Fatima Yusuf, Charity Opara and Bisi Afolabi.

I hope they can include George in the 4x200m relay. She, along with Okagbare, Asumnu and either Dominique Duncan or Patience Okon George can finish 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy
        Great performance by Nigeria, especially by Regina George on the 2nd leg. She is proving to be a fantastic relay runner and continuing the tradition of Nigeria producing great quarter milers. Falilat Ogunkoya, Fatima Yusuf, Charity Opara and Bisi Afolabi.

I hope they can include George in the 4x200m relay. She, along with Okagbare, Asumnu and either Dominique Duncan or Patience Okon George can finish 3rd.
        George is going to make things difficult for people very soon in the individual event.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy

George is going to make things difficult for people very soon in the individual event.
          I agree.

Comment

I couldn't help but imagine the next order of US 4x400r women led by McCorory, and the likes of Spencer, Brown, Francis et al. Though I would expect Felix and Richards-Ross to perhaps lead a group with Beard and Hastings, in the mix as well, for next year's World Relays.

K-H

Comment

Originally posted by ChuiTai
              I couldn't help but imagine the next order of US 4x400r women led by McCorory, and the likes of Spencer, Brown, Francis et al. Though I would expect Felix and Richards-Ross to perhaps lead a group with Beard and Hastings, in the mix as well, for next year's World Relays.

K-H
              Considering next year is a WC year, world relays may not be on the schedule for many high profile athletes who need to qualify for WC a month or so later.

Comment

K-H
                Don't forget Courtney Okolo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ATK

K-H
                  Considering next year is a WC year, world relays may not be on the schedule for many high profile athletes who need to qualify for WC a month or so later.
                  It's going to be important to a couple teams because of the incentive to get a spot at the Oly in the 4x1 and the 4x4. It's also 'early' enough in the year for it to fall right in that sweet spot where a couple relay outings might be important.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK

K-H
                    It's going to be important to a couple teams because of the incentive to get a spot at the Oly in the 4x1 and the 4x4. It's also 'early' enough in the year for it to fall right in that sweet spot where a couple relay outings might be important.
                    Good points made. Carding and funds, if selected, can always have significance.

Comment

The teams needing spots probably aren't really boasting high profile athletes.

But your right regarding the fact that it might be early enough to simply get a relay outing.

Comment

Race Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezU4xUbcF7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vScegGuQfA0

Comment

If the website splits can be believed, Regina George ran 49.4, the fastest split of the race, but 1st two splits are always questionable. Williams-Mills also under 50, but also on second leg.
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank
                          Woodland, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank
                            If the website splits can be believed, Regina George ran 49.4, the fastest split of the race, but 1st two splits are always questionable. Williams-Mills also under 50, but also on second leg.
                            Cheers,
                            Alan Shank
                            Woodland, CA
                            Considering how far back Nigeria was at the instructions exchange, I believe it...

Comment

Working...
                            X