Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "USTAF" threatens to sue Oiselle over photo editing

Originally posted by booond
    As I've said before, Oiselle knew exactly what they were doing and got the reaction they wanted. This is a huge win for them. They get recognition for their brand and Nike/USATF look like bullies.

Defending Oiselle's action is naive.
    or childlike.

Comment

Note that Oiselle simply put the sponsors of all the runners on each runner. They are not going to take much of any heat from general fans. I am a little surprised how much support for doing this in a somewhat ham-handed manner for USATF. If they had a clean slate at this point rather than being almost laughably tardy in addressing more important issues it would not. However, it comes off as 'we will jump to do our sponsor's bidding but are unable or unwilling to readily address problems that we create.'

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
        They are not going to take much of any heat from general fans. I am a little surprised how much support for doing this in a somewhat ham-handed manner for USATF. If they had a clean slate at this point rather than being almost laughably tardy in addressing more important issues it would not. However, it comes off as 'we will jump to do our sponsor's bidding but are unable or unwilling to readily address problems that we create.'
        General fans don't know they exist, which is the point of putting their logo over Nike's.

And, of course, it looks ham-handed. When David throws a rock and Goliath knocks him down everyone notices Goliath. As I said, it's why this was done.

And, yes, the USATF has more pressing duties - finding a sprint relay coach without a drug background would be good - but they do have to slap the wrists of Oiselle or the next thing they'll be doing is talking to Phil Knight or one of his minions.

What Oiselle did was good business. What the USATF did was good business.

Comment

More than a little curious that Lauren Wallace - noted Oiselle athlete - did not receive the customary post-race interview on NBCSN following her surprise victory in the USATF Indoor 1000m today.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

It's probably more the surprise aspect. NBC is baffled when their pre-race narrative doesn't hold true.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato View Post
              It's probably more the surprise aspect.

If Centrowitz can take off for a victory lap before being interviewed by Johnson I'd sure love to hear why Wallace - who stood stunned on the track for several seconds before slowly exiting the track - wasn't. Anyone think that would have happened to Moser had she not been overhauled at the line?

Worth noting - Max Siegel was interviewed AT LENGTH by Johnson a short time later.

Comment

Her post-race reaction to winning was one of the highlights of the meet, for me.

Comment

I would have liked to hear from Michelle Carter and Chaunte Lowe, too.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                    No argument there, but I'm trying to keep it apples to apples, and as far as I can remember Wallace was the only winner on the track to be snubbed by Johnson and NBCSN.

Comment

Well if your simply looking for the interview with her, both flotrack and USATF.tv did individual post race interviews with her.

USATF.tv also had her as the first guest on the cool down show
                      http://www.usatf.tv/gprofile.php?mgr...ideo_id=136068
                      Last edited by ATK; 03-02-2015, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                        yeah, but they belong to that Untouchable caste known as field eventers. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                          ...both flotrack and USATF.tv did individual post race interviews with her.

That's great, but irrelevant to NBCSN ignoring her on their national broadcast, especially to sponsors.

Comment

I agree that it probably had more to do with the TV folks being unprepared to handle someone unexpected winning, but it still looks bad.

I don't have TV, so I admittedly have not watched a track meet on TV in several years, but I have heard a lot of complaints about the broadcasters being ill-prepared when someone other than a favorite wins.

Comment

Working...
                            X