Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Jessica O. Matthews run sub 53 400m, maybe hs?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did Jessica O. Matthews run sub 53 400m, maybe hs?

USA Today in the May 27, 2014 print edition, has a story on 26 year old Jessica O. Matthews, inventor of "Soccket", which uses a soccer ball to charge an attachable reading lamp, and is described in the article as growing up in a suburb of Poughkeepsie, New York, and apparently running sub 53 seconds in the 400m- implied that this was during high school.

Is this accurate? "I was fast", she is quoted as saying in the article. She went to Harvard- if she ran sub 53 in high school as the article implies- can anyone document this?

Re: did Jessica O. Matthews run sub 53 400m, maybe hs?

Originally posted by hammer forever
    USA Today in the May 27, 2014 print edition, has a story on 26 year old Jessica O. Matthews, inventor of "Soccket", which uses a soccer ball to charge an attachable reading lamp, and is described in the article as growing up in a suburb of Poughkeepsie, New York, and apparently running sub 53 seconds in the 400m- implied that this was during high school.
    Is this accurate? "I was fast", she is quoted as saying in the article. She went to Harvard- if she ran sub 53 in high school as the article implies- can anyone document this?
    There's a Jessica Matthews who ran track for Our Lady of Lourdes in Poughkeepsie in 2006 (right age). I see a 25.9 200.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      Originally posted by hammer forever
      There's a Jessica Matthews who ran track for Our Lady of Lourdes in Poughkeepsie in 2006 (right age). I see a 25.9 200.

Which makes a sub-53 pretty unlikely if you did not see her listed in the 400. Such a time would have been top 5 in the nation. (I suppose it could be a relay leg).

Comment

Maybe this goes along with all the world class sprinters playing world cup caliber football :lol:

Nothing like an announcer to speak about something they have no clue about.

Comment

I'm guessing it was a relay split.
          Timed by her coach.
          From the stands.
          Nowhere near the exchange.

Comment

in Clermont :evil:

Comment

Working...
            X