Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rupp AR 10k at Pre

Wow!!!! Great race, and I thoroughly enjoyed Mo Farah as an announcer.

13:26 / 13:18 splits. He looked smooth, closed with 59.x/58.x, and Oxy is a distant memory.

Re: Rupp AR 10k at Pre

26:44.36 !!! New AR for Rupp and he had more to give....

Comment

There's more there.

Comment

!st 4 runners under 27 min. Rupp looked in shape for a sub 26:40... Great run for him.

Comment

I loved how he struck for home so decisively with 900 to go.

Comment

Had he been pushed, there was definitely more there. Very exciting performance!

Comment

And he's now the fastest 10000 guy in NOP, beating Farah's best by two seconds!!

He looked TOO easy (as Mo pointed out in his "announcing" bit!), and looked ready for a time in the 26:30's.....maybe even high 26:20's in the right race.

Would love to see him and Farah (and a few Africans) take on the WR!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobguild76
                I loved how he struck for home so decisively with 900 to go.
                Exactly. Stride or 2 behind Tanui (please correct me if I'm wrong here), dropped it into 6th gear and then he was gone.

Comment

I think that he is a 26:3x guy at his best unless he can move to another level; not impossible but unlikely.

Fastest time in the Western Hemisphere, but second fastest on this track to Bekele's 27:2x here a few years ago.

Comment

Best time in the world in almost 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by lexvid
                      26:44.36 !!! New AR for Rupp and he had more to give....
                      No. 15 performer (just better than Mo Farah) and No. 26 performance of all time. Could have gone few seconds faster to sub 26:40 if he had kicked earlier. Great run!

Comment

That 5000 was in hot weather and not based on warm weather at all, so I thought that it told us not very much (plus, apparently he was with his wife in the hospital for many days overnight with their first child).

Salazar is really a very effective coach. Even with some serious caution on the Nike side, they have done an enormous amount for US and world track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                          Salazar is really a very effective coach. Even with some serious caution on the Nike side, they have done an enormous amount for US and world track and field.
                          Interested to see what Salazar can do with Cam Levins who is running the 5K here. He joined NOP in April 2013 and aims to be the fastest Canadian ever (my words). Big ask with 16 racers having lower PR's than him. Wish he was in Rupp's race to see what he could do.

Comment

Is there any other place in America that could have drawn that type of crowd on a Friday night to watch a 10K?

Comment

Rupp closed in 2:03 in his last AR in the 10K. His improved closing speed made almost all the difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X