Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaragoza results site

Another great meeting taking place concurrently with Ostrava in Zaragoza. Already a men's WL in the 800.

El G in 1500 results should be up shortly.

http://www.rfea.es/competi/zaragozameet ... s/main.htm

Re: Zaragoza results site

El G 3:36 ho hum.

Comment

El G wins by .03 seconds? I didn't see the race, but I can't imagine he's real comfortable with that.

Woe to him if the pace lags in Athens and he has to contend with some fresh legs at a 3:36 or 3:37 pace.

Comment

>El G wins by .03 seconds? I didn't see the race, but I can't imagine he's real
        >comfortable with that.

Woe to him if the pace lags in Athens and he has to
        >contend with some fresh legs at a 3:36 or 3:37 pace.

Man oh man...now El G is getting bashed.

Comment

There were rabbits in the race but it appears they didnt' do a good job as hoped, or who knows maybe the weather was really bad. He won though, I await Athletisima 1500m

kingofthemile.com

Comment

Is the rfea.es site down right now? I can't access it ... Does anyone have results from the men's vault?

Comment

Mileking -- one for your collection:

http://www.rfea.es/prensa/nota200470.pdf

Comment

>Man oh
                >man...now El G is getting bashed.

Yeh, I mean, how dare he run slower than 3:30 in his opening race of the season!!

Webb opened with 3:42 in the 1500 this year, and is now 10 seconds quicker. If El G goes 10 seconds quicker then his season opener of 3:36... well... you do the math.

In 2002, his first 1500m race of the season was 3:40, yet still went on to run under 3:27. Let's not be so hasty to write off El G.

Comment

Zaragoza 800m note:

1 ANTONIO REINA 81 ESP 4 1:44.30
                  2 JUSTUS KOECH 80 KEN 1 1:44.37
                  3 MICHAEL ROTICH 78 KEN 5 1:44.63

Comment

The above comment wasn't meant to be a bash and definitely not a prediction.

When you have dominated an event like he has, when you're used to battin' 1000, when your average margin of victory is, what, 1.5 to 2 seconds...

When you've waited eight years for another shot, when your competitors are looking hard for the chink in your armor, when you win by .03 (that margin is so small that neither party may be able to say for sure they won until the replay)...

I'm just saying that lightning can strike twice in the same place. If I was El G (which I ain't), I'd be thinking about doin' a John Walker, who allegedly did a couple of 800s before Montreal and found his wheels a rusty. He spent the last few weeks doing nothing but speedwork and still barely held off Van Damme.

But Athens is still a long way off.

Comment

Looks like Harwig may have wone the vault 5.81, but it could still be in progress. Thanks for the site info. TFN didn't have it on the list when I first logged in.

Comment

>Looks like Harwig may have wone the vault 5.81, but it could still be in
                        >progress. Thanks for the site info. TFN didn't have it on the list when I
                        >first logged in.

Yes, Hartwig won with 5.81m, but Rens Blom and Nick Hysong vaulted the same height for 2nd and 3rd places.

Comment

Working...
                        X