Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krumm edges Ngeny! (for 15th place!)

Who would have thought it: Krumm and Ngeny battling it out for 15th place and Alan Webb first in 3:32.74!!!!

Re: Krumm edges Ngeny! (for 15th place!)

Krummenacker is a 800meter runner.

Comment

I'd say his 3:31.93 in 2002 says otherwise.
      "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

I would like to see Krumm do well as much as any fan,but for some reason, he hasn't been able to recapture his 2002 and early 2003 form. I hope he is just timing his peak for the OT and OG, but will we see him running sub 1:44 and 3:32 this year...???

Comment

>I would like to see Krumm do well as much as any fan,but for some reason, he
          >hasn't been able to recapture his 2002 and early 2003 form. I hope he is just
          >timing his peak for the OT and OG, but will we see him running sub 1:44 and
          >3:32 this year...???>>

Question is which was the abberration - his 2002 season through the 2003 indoor or virtually the rest of his career?

Comment

Who knows what will happen with Krummenacker. I certainly hope he's able to re-capture his form. However, track history is littered with runners who had a small window of great running in the middle of otherwise mediocre careers.

Do you remember Rich Kenah? Broke 1:44 several times during the 1997 season and never did much else. And how about Jeff Williams - the 200m runner had three great months of running during the summer of 1996 and did little besides that.

Staying in top form is incredibly difficult, and there are a lot of guys who can't do it for very long. The ones who are able to sustain it over the years - Carl Lewis, Geb, etc. - are the ones whom history remembers as great.

Comment

DAVID IS DOING FINE.HIS COACH COACHED CRUISE IN 84,88.HIS TRAINING IS FOR OLYMPIC GAMES.BUT,YOUR RIGHT I THINK HE IS GOING TO HAVE TO STEP UP SPEED TRAINING NOW TO DOUBLE AT TRIALS.

LUIS,STILL HAS HIS TEAM ON A HEAVIER WORK SCHEDULE.1:45.6,BY TRIALS HE WILL BE AT 1:43/1:44.
              1500-HE,LL BE CHASING WEBB AS WILL MCMULLEN&EVERYONE ELSE.

Comment

>HIS COACH COACHED CRUISE IN 84,88.

So do we have him then to blame for Cocktail or credit for Rain Man in 88?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000129/

Comment

I don't think this is much to worry about. Its very early for Krum. While Webb wasn't expecting to be quite where he is (I'm sure one of his goals was just to make the team), Krum's season is planned for the Games not the trials (he knows he'll make the team). This was his first time racing this season. I agree he will be where he needs to be by the trials and will have the timing right for the games.

Remember when he won the indoor worlds and ran very well early, then more or less blew up towards the end fo the summer? He mentioned his timing was all wrong. I think this year they are just starting to get into the serious work phase.

Comment

>I don't think this is much to worry about. Its very early for Krum. While Webb
                    >wasn't expecting to be quite where he is (I'm sure one of his goals was just to
                    >make the team), Krum's season is planned for the Games not the trials (he knows
                    >he'll make the team). This was his first time racing this season. I agree he
                    >will be where he needs to be by the trials and will have the timing right for
                    >the games.>>

It's early for Krum but it wasn't his first race. He ran 1:45.6 a couple of days prior.

Comment

I belive Cyril implied it was Krummenacker:s first 1,500m.

Comment

I agree Krumm is focusing his training towards august.

Webb going into 2004, would have had NO idea he'd run 3:32 in June.

It'll be interesting to see what july and august bring alan.

Krumm is an experienced veteran, who knows what'll work for him.

Not worried about krumm at all. I suspect he'll be running well within himself and make the 800 squad in july.

Comment

It's early for Krum but it wasn't his first race.
                          >He ran 1:45.6 a couple of days prior.

Actually, I did miss the 1:45. However, that is even more assuring. A very strong opener. He is fine - he's looking forward to the Games.

Comment

Working...
                          X