Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sacramento broadcast coverage [split]

Coverage was great for the free on-line stream other than a few freeze ups. The Hammond-less crew was good. I hope Hutchings remains in that role.

Comment

I wonder why Hutchings said that Brenda Martinez has raced a lot in 2014. She ran many races in 2013 including an indoor 2 - mile.

He also said that Bershan Jackson hit the first hurdle when he cleared it and ran a few strides before falling.
      none

Comment

I think when he saw Jackson go down, he assumed the fall was due to hitting the hurdle though I don't recall if used that line even after video review.

Comment

He also said Stigler was from Kansas State... as he stood there in his Kansas jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
            I wonder why Hutchings said that Brenda Martinez has raced a lot in 2014. She ran many races in 2013 including an indoor 2 - mile.
            Actually, Hutchings referred to her 5 meets in two weeks, 4 of them Diamond League races, and flying to Europe and back in that span (Eugene 5/31, fly, Rome 6/5, Hengelo 6/8 (won 800 there), Oslo 6/11, fly, New York 6/14). He knew what he was talking about, and, sure enough, Martinez ran out of gas and finished 5th.
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank
            Woodland, CA

Comment

from another thread:

Originally posted by Alan Shank
              It was quite refreshing to see Hutchings in the lead role on NBC rather than the "idiot's idiot" Tom Hammond. Now if they would eliminate Craig Masback and replace Lewis Johnson they would have a solid crew.
              Could not agree more.
              Hutchings - great
              Ato and Dwight - solid
              Everyone else - C ya!

Comment

Ato kept saying that Ryan Wilson won his first US title last year. But he had actually won twice before... in 2006 and 2010, when it did not "count" for anything.

Comment

Actually, Hutchings referred to her 5 meets in two weeks, 4 of them Diamond League races, and flying to Europe and back in that span (Eugene 5/31, fly, Rome 6/5, Hengelo 6/8 (won 800 there), Oslo 6/11, fly, New York 6/14). He knew what he was talking about, and, sure enough, Martinez ran out of gas and finished 5th.
                  Cheers,
                  Alan Shank
                  Woodland, CA
                  Thanks for the reply. She also ran 4:10.4 and 1:57.2 at World Relays for 7 races in three weeks. I hadn't noticed all of her Diamond League races - probably because her highest finish was 5th. She isn't entered at Glasgow. I admire all elite athletes who race frequently. Why so many races followed by relative inactivity? Has she been ill?
                  none

Comment

Cheers,
                    Alan Shank
                    Woodland, CA
                    Thanks for the reply. She also ran 4:10.4 and 1:57.2 at World Relays for 7 races in three weeks. I hadn't noticed all of her Diamond League races - probably because her highest finish was 5th. She isn't entered at Glasgow. I admire all elite athletes who race frequently. Why so many races followed by relative inactivity? Has she been ill?
                    Maybe she realized (perhaps with Vigil's advice) she was over-raced/over-travelled, her performances were taking a hit and she decided to go into a period of mostly training at home or at least one semi-permanent location for some later meets? I'm really just guessing.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Her not racing after USAT&F seems to confirm your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                        Ato kept saying that Ryan Wilson won his first US title last year. But he had actually won twice before... in 2006 and 2010, when it did not "count" for anything.
                        Errr, not on planet gh, where Dominique Arnold won in '06 and David Oliver in '10.

????

Comment

Working...
                        X