Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Hep leader: Noah's wife

It is coming down in buckets right now, with no end in sight. Lightning in the area. The meet has been suspended for several hours now. I'm at home waiting for some sign that they're starting up again.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Re: NCAA Hep leader: Noah's wife

I just heard that the meet will re-start tonight at 9PM with just the W JT Qualifying (2nd Flight) and the Heptathlon (amidst the HJ).

The entire rest of the meet will be rescheduled and that new schedule will be on the web tonight at midnight.

That is all I know for now. Not necessarily official.

Sad part for UCLA women. Their 4x1 missed the finals by .006 seconds. That may hurt their team title hopes.

Anyone who knows more...please tell...

Comment

cool picture at
      http://www.texassports.com/results/ncaa2004/

Comment

Mrs. Noyes was kept in fine physical form by her miserable slave-driver of a husband.

Comment

Well, I decided to head back to the hotel early. It's too bad the weather has to cause all of this, but it looks much better for Thursday.

Speaking of UCLA, we did manage to get a photo of their hand-off and they didn't look too bad. However, it was pouring and I don't know how anyone could run fast (and keep their composure) in those conditions.

http://www.trackshark.com/photos/2004/i ... photo6.jpg

Lee -- I got your voice mail as I was at the track. I tried to find that Java place, but I-35 was backed up so bad I didn't know where to go but my hotel. We'll meet up sometime this week.

Comment

It looks really wet in Austin on radar...

http://radar.weather.gov/radar/images/D ... latest.gif

We've had tornadoes, hail and flash flooding here in Colorado today, too.

Comment

Tom, great picture of the UCLA hand-off #2 between Adia McKinnon and Dawn Harper. However, they almost passed out of the zone on exchage #1 (Sani Roseby to Adia McKinnon). Roseby is wearing a cast (or something of the sort) from the fall she had at West Regionals (that Sieg mentioned back when it happened).

Comment

Yes, I saw that first UCLA exchange. It was very poor. Is it bad to root for botched exchanges and dropped batons? I really need some UCLA and LSU mistakes to help my Lady Longhorns.

Okay, revising the T&FN projections, that's makes the predicted finish:

1. UCLA 58
                2. LSU 58
                3. Texas 56

Comment

In case you were wondering, that photo of Myers stadium at the results site is not stock. It was taken just this afternoon.

Comment

Hey at least its not cold right?

Comment

On another note, look for the NCAA Regional qualifying process to change dramatically starting next year. I can't get into the specifics (since these motions were stated at the USTCA meeting on Tuesday night and they will be voted upon by the NCAA), but all of the coaches of the executive committee agree that there needs to be changes starting next year.

I wish I could tell you what Mike Holloway and Leroy Burrell had to say at the meeting (it was good stuff) but it was generally great enthusiasm on all on how much they want our sport at the collegiate level to change in terms of regional qualifying.

Comment

I have a secret, too... wish I could say something, but I can't

Comment

Pictures from the pole vault before it was cancelled are online at http://polevaultpower.com/media/04ncaawq/

You can see how hard it was raining when those last girls were jumping!

Trackshark has a lot of pictures up of the other events. http://www.trackshark.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X