Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anniversary Games London (David Storl 21.97m PB)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anniversary Games London (David Storl 21.97m PB)

David Storl got even closer to 22m today in London with 21.97m and an excellent series. Kim Collins ran an astonishing 9.96 (1.0) for a man his age.
    Complete results here: http://www.britishathletics.org.uk/r...dex/index.html
    norunner
    Last edited by norunner; 07-20-2014, 08:04 PM.

Kim Collins is just unbelievable really...Good for him
    Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Re Collins, I believe that is a world's best for age 35+. It is remarkable.

Skimming through the results, I have a couple of questions: nothing listed for women's 100m. Also, for the women's 1 mile (G. Dibaba 4:28.00; Uceny 2nd in 4:29.00) & men's 2 mile (Lagat 8:27.00, Garrett Heath 8:29.00), the times are in whole seconds -- as noted here, but they are all like that for every finisher.

Any insight on these questions from anyone closer to the action? Thank you.

Comment

Also interesting that quite a few of the reaction times are below the 0.100.

Felix ran over the top of SAFP and looked really good doing it. I assume the timing system failed.

Not sure if the Channel 4 coverage is available outside the UK:
        http://paralympics.channel4.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po View Post
          Re Collins, I believe that is a world's best for age 35+. It is remarkable.
          Not only that, but it's a new PB :O How many world class sprinters have run the fastest times of their careers at 38?
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster View Post
            Also interesting that quite a few of the reaction times are below the 0.100.
            Um yeah, that could be a problem, but I can't believe the reported numbers are correct, to wit:

1 Michael RODGERS USA 9.91 0.082
            2 Kim COLLINS SKN 9.96 0.131
            3 Nesta CARTER JAM 10.00 0.089
            4 Chijindu UJAH GBR 10.13 0.084

Comment

Also at the same meet, Blanka Vlasic took the win with 2.00. Looks like she's getting back her consistency. With Chicherova probably missing the EC, Vlasic could once again be the no. 1 favorite.

Comment

In the Paralympics meet, there was a problem with the timing. So the times they gave were unofficial, I didn't see the other meet, so I don't know if there were similar clock issues there.
                Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Um yeah, that could be a problem, but I can't believe the reported numbers are correct, to wit:

1 Michael RODGERS USA 9.91 0.082
                  2 Kim COLLINS SKN 9.96 0.131
                  3 Nesta CARTER JAM 10.00 0.089
                  4 Chijindu UJAH GBR 10.13 0.084
                  If correct, the race should have been recalled. But this isn't the first time the results of such a race have stood, though. In Carl Lewis' then-WR race of 9.86s in Tokyo, I think Dennis Mitchell's reaction was 0.090s (but Carl's was legal).

Comment

given the timing malfunction issues in the women's 100 and the times being rounded to the second in the mile, it's not a certainty that Collin's record will be ratified.

Comment

The mile and two mile races were road races (this was a 'street meet' with only a straight track. Hence the rounded mile times (and Uceny not falling).

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster View Post
                        Felix ran over the top of SAFP and looked really good doing it. I assume the timing system failed.
                        Felix started off like she was running the 400m she wasn't explosive out of the blocks at all and looked like she was jogging at first. She wound it up slowly and did look imperious at the end.
                        SAFP looked nearly back to her best for the first 60m. No one else can live with her at the start and if she stays healthy and with continued improved speed endurance I really can see her having a good shot at being the first woman to win 3 Olympic golds in the 100m.
                        Jeter just doesn't have the power at the moment and was left for dead.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                          David Storl got even closer to 22m today in London with 21.97m and an excellent series.
                          and your woman Schwanitz nearly going over 20m too.

Comment

The strange with all these latest Storl throws is, he is using a different technique because of knee problems and apparently it helps. He is blocking his throws which also helps getting more valid throws and he is still getting close to 22m.

Comment

So, considering he always sets huge SBs in major championships, what can we expect from Storl in Zurich?

Comment

Working...
                              X