Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19.32/20.13

I was all...wow! 19.68!!! over Gatlin's run, then I starting thinking about how Fredericks ran that some 18 years ago. Then there was that amazing/alien looking....19.32. Just how long is that American record going to last? And it's not as if anyone is really threatening it. Nobody out there running 19.4-anything. Those who did look like just maybe they might, have all cooled down or are gone.

Will we ever see another MJ here in the USA? It's not looking like they make many of those.

Then there's Roy Martin's 20.13 HS record. While it has been challenged there it ...still...stands, going on how many years?

What's with the 200m? Why do these records stand so long? Hell, we've only seen five world record holders in the event since Henry Carr.

The AR could go if Gatlin focuses on it more but to do so probably increases his injury risk as the 2 is much more stressful on the body.

Look for the 200 record to go at World Juniors as Trentavis Friday certainly is primed to take 20.13 down if the winds cooperate.

Comment

Originally posted by Track Blazer View Post
      The AR could go if Gatlin focuses on it more but to do so probably increases his injury risk as the 2 is much more stressful on the body.

Look for the 200 record to go at World Juniors as Trentavis Friday certainly is primed to take 20.13 down if the winds cooperate.
      Gatlin doesn't need the 200m, so I doubt he puts too much into it.

Friday is a 20.33, so I can agree with you there, yep, a good wind and exceptional turn, hmmmmm?

Comment

I think 200m records last so long is because if you can run 19.32, you can make more money by focusing on the 100m or even the 400m.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixon View Post
          Then there's Roy Martin's 20.13 HS record. While it has been challenged there it ...still...stands, going on how many years?
          That baby could go as early as next week with T Friday!

Comment

Working...
          X